Are you tired of trying to find cheaper Audi Allroad insurance in Houston? When shopping for cheaper insurance, are you frustrated by the wide range of auto insurance sources in Houston? Many other drivers are too. You have such a large number of options that it can turn into more work than you anticipated to find lower rates on Audi Allroad insurance. Lots of people think Houston is an awesome place to live, but paying high auto insurance rates can make it hard for many residents to make ends meet.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that nearly 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Consumers in Houston can cut their rates by $1,770 a year, but most undervalue the amount of savings they would get if they replace their high priced policy.
It’s a good habit to compare prices on a regular basis because prices trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the best price on Audi Allroad insurance in Houston on your last policy there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the easiest way to buy cheaper Audi Allroad insurance in Houston.
How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is. Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower car insurance prices.
- Discounts for auto and home policies – Most major insurance companies will give discounts to buyers who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even though this discount sounds good, consumers should still compare other Houston Allroad insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates. It’s possible to still save even more than the discount even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Male prices may be higher – Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, don’t assume that females are better at driving than males. They both are in accidents at about the same rate, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically receive more major tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Good drivers pay less – Being a careful driver influences premium rates substantially. Careful drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Getting just one driving citation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have flagrant citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Vehicle theft costs us all – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft deterrent systems such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent auto theft.
Compare Houston Audi Allroad insurance quotes online
Many insurance companies give coverage price quotes from their websites. This process is easy for anyone as you simply enter your personal and coverage information into the form. Behind the scenes, the company’s rating system makes automated requests for credit information and your driving record and generates a price.
Quoting online for Audi Allroad insurance in Houston makes comparing rates easy, and it’s also necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find lower-cost prices.
To compare pricing, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you input your coverages identical to your current policy. This makes sure you will have a fair comparison for exact coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Texas. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
The ad said I’d save $457 a year!
Progressive, Allstate and GEICO constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. All the companies state the claim that drivers will save a bundle after switching your insurance policy to them. How is it possible that every company can offer drivers better rates? It’s all in the words they use.
All companies quote their best rates for the type of customer that will most likely be profitable. For instance, this type of insured could possibly be a married male, has never had a claim, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any driver that matches those criteria will get the preferred premium rates in Houston as well as cut their Audi Allroad insurance rates if they switch.
People who are not a match for the requirements will probably have to pay higher premiums which usually ends up with the customer buying from a different company. If you pay attention, the ads say “drivers who switch” not “all people who quote” save that much money. This is how insurance companies can make the claims of big savings.
This really drives home the point why you really need to compare rate quotes every year. It is just not possible to predict which insurance companies will have the lowest car insurance rates for your situation.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Houston, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Audi Allroad has a lien holder, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Audi at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, auto insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Buying insurance is not cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Allroad may earn a small discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy early. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as GEICO and Liberty Mutual allow you one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select insurance companies reward you with a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
Discounts lower rates, but most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount should help reduce the cost of coverage.
Large insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include multi-policy, youthful driver, safe driver, driver training, and renewal discount.
- MetLife includes discounts for good driver, good student, multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, homeowner, and online signing.
- AAA offers discounts including good student, multi-car, good driver, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, and pay-in-full.
- American Family may include discounts for early bird, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, good student, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- GEICO offers discounts for defensive driver, good student, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, and military active duty.
- State Farm discounts include passive restraint, defensive driving training, good student, multiple policy, student away at school, and good driver.
When quoting, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts may not be offered in Houston. To see a list of providers that offer discounts in Texas, click this link.
Insurance agencies near you
A lot of people would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is you can get cheap car insurance quotes and also buy local. Buying insurance from local agents is important particularly in Houston.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to companies in Houston who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to compare prices from a particular provider, just search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
When searching for a reputable agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Houston agents are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company so they can quote policies with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent. When shopping rates, you should always include at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also write with less well-known companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Houston that can possibly get you pricing information.
- El Dorado Insurance Agency, Inc
3673 Westcenter Dr – Houston, TX 77042 – (800) 221-3386 – View Map
- Pasadena Insurance Agency, Inc.
99 Detering St #280 – Houston, TX 77007 – (713) 869-6991 – View Map
- Deborah A. Olson Insurance Agency, Inc.
10592 Fuqua St – Houston, TX 77089 – (281) 481-1903 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Many people buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Houston that are able to give rate quotes.
- Donald Malveaux – State Farm Insurance Agent
12001 Richmond Ave #6 – Houston, TX 77082 – (281) 679-7155 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Harris County Insurance Agency
13030 Woodforest Blvd b – Houston, TX 77015 – (713) 451-5716 – View Map
- State Farm: Al Johnson
8121 Broadway St #230 – Houston, TX 77061 – (281) 481-5778 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
If you get good answers to any questions you may have and a good coverage price, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to adequately provide car insurance.
When to get professional advice
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if you could use an agent’s help.
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- How high should deductibles be on a Audi Allroad?
- What if I total my Audi Allroad and owe more than it’s worth?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Persistent drivers can save
When getting Houston auto insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to find cheap Audi Allroad insurance in Houston. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)