Do you need a better way to compare more competitive insurance rates in Houston, TX? Houston buyers have many options when searching for low-cost Lexus LFA insurance. You can either waste hours calling around to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a better way to buy insurance so we’re going to tell you the proper way to price shop coverage for a Lexus and obtain the cheapest rates from Houston insurance agents and online providers.
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, a large majority of insurance policyholders have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in Texas being $2,679, drivers could cut their rates by about 70% a year just by shopping around, but they don’t want to take the time to compare rates online.
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in Houston, TX. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lexus LFA has a lien holder, more than likely the lender will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Lexus at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Lexus LFA and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Lexus as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having auto insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $830 a year so compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the factors that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that may result in lower auto insurance prices. Many factors are considered when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but some are less apparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
The itemized list below are some of the things that factor into prices.
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle – The more you drive in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Almost all companies calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having an incorrect usage rating on your LFA is just wasting money. Make sure your declarations sheet states the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
- Gender and auto insurance prices – Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. This data doesn’t prove that women are better drivers. Women and men have auto accidents at about the same rate, but men have costlier accidents. They also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Young males are most likely to cause an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Premiums drop with age – More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.Young drivers are proven to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Cut rates and deter theft – Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Auto insurance rates and your vocation – Careers like military generals, airline pilots, and miners usually pay the highest average rates because of high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. Other careers such as scientists, athletes and the unemployed receive lower rates.
- Car and home together may be cheaper – Most larger insurers afford better rates to customers who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still compare other company rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Keep auto insurance rates low by being claim-free – Car insurance companies in Texas generally give lower rates to people who do not file claims often. If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is designed for more catastrophic claims.
Insurance policy discounts for Lexus LFA insurance in Houston
Buying insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but a few need to be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Telematics Discount – Houston drivers who agree to allow data collection to scrutinize where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- No Claims – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less as opposed to bad drivers.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount when shopping for insurance.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Houston auto insurance with certain companies.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of companies with discount rates in Texas, follow this link.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agencies
Some consumers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local insurance agencies is especially important in Houston.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to insurance agents in Houston that can give you free Houston auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to leave your house as quotes are delivered directly to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, just navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in Houston
When finding a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Houston can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth mentioning the differences because it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company so they can write business with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you get insurance quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison. Most also write with less well-known companies which may have better rates.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Houston who may provide price quote information.
- ProTECH Insurance Agency, Inc.
#100, 3120 SW Freeway Service Rd – Houston, TX 77098 – (713) 520-1090 – View Map
- El Dorado Insurance Agency, Inc
3673 Westcenter Dr – Houston, TX 77042 – (800) 221-3386 – View Map
- Suzanne Brown Agency-Insurance
11999 Katy Fwy #635 – Houston, TX 77079 – (281) 558-2210 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company like State Farm or Allstate. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Houston willing to provide rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Harris County Insurance Agency
13030 Woodforest Blvd b – Houston, TX 77015 – (713) 451-5716 – View Map
- Sean Wong – State Farm Insurance Agent
7035 Hwy 6 N – Houston, TX 77095 – (281) 550-0555 – View Map
- Brandon Herndon – State Farm Insurance Agent
10103 Fondren Rd #150 – Houston, TX 77096 – (832) 431-4222 – View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
Frequent quotes can save
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to compare Lexus LFA insurance premium rates in Houston. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Houston auto insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company.
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers, policy non-renewal and even questionable increases in premium. Whatever your reason, switching auto insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located in the articles below:
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Veterans in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)