How many times have you told yourself it’s time to shop around for cheaper Ford F-250 insurance in Houston? When looking for lower-priced insurance, do you get overwhelmed by the dozens of insurance sources in your area? Many other drivers are as well. There are so many choices that it can easily turn into a big hassle to find a more affordable company. Houston has lots to offer, but pricey insurance can make it nearly impossible to affordably buy enough coverage.
Unimaginable but true, almost 70% of drivers in Texas have bought insurance from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers can save up to 47% each year, but they don’t believe how much savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
Cheapest car insurance in Houston, TX
The following companies have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Houston, TX. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-250 XL 2WD||$230||$422||$414||$24||$124||$1,214||$101|
|F-250 XL Cabela Package 2WD||$318||$660||$560||$34||$168||$1,740||$145|
|F-250 XL Super Cab 2WD||$260||$532||$560||$34||$168||$1,554||$130|
|F-250 XLT 2WD||$202||$422||$520||$30||$156||$1,330||$111|
|F-250 XL 4WD||$176||$322||$538||$32||$162||$1,230||$103|
|F-250 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$232||$462||$486||$28||$146||$1,354||$113|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$422||$698||$564||$34||$168||$1,886||$157|
|F-250 XL Harley Edition 2WD||$210||$400||$414||$24||$124||$1,172||$98|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$176||$378||$486||$28||$146||$1,214||$101|
|F-250 XLT 4WD||$336||$642||$490||$30||$146||$1,644||$137|
|F-250 XL Cabela Package 4WD||$202||$422||$576||$34||$172||$1,406||$117|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$208||$392||$448||$26||$134||$1,208||$101|
|F-250 XL Super Cab 4WD||$300||$580||$642||$38||$192||$1,752||$146|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$176||$436||$486||$28||$146||$1,272||$106|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$202||$486||$520||$30||$156||$1,394||$116|
|F-250 XL Turbo Diesel 2WD||$370||$804||$430||$26||$128||$1,758||$147|
|F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2WD||$284||$666||$404||$24||$122||$1,500||$125|
|F-250 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$336||$738||$444||$26||$132||$1,676||$140|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$404||$802||$576||$34||$172||$1,988||$166|
|F-250 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$336||$538||$490||$30||$146||$1,540||$128|
|F-250 XL Harley Edition 4WD||$318||$580||$448||$26||$134||$1,506||$126|
|F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 4WD||$260||$368||$624||$36||$186||$1,474||$123|
|F-250 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$400||$788||$440||$26||$132||$1,786||$149|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$254||$520||$582||$34||$174||$1,564||$130|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$396||$908||$560||$34||$168||$2,066||$172|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$220||$478||$560||$34||$168||$1,460||$122|
|F-250 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$334||$668||$582||$34||$174||$1,792||$149|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$178||$360||$414||$24||$124||$1,100||$92|
|F-250 XLT Turbo Diesel 2WD||$318||$694||$486||$28||$146||$1,672||$139|
|F-250 XL Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$258||$532||$452||$26||$136||$1,404||$117|
|F-250 XLT Turbo Diesel 4WD||$376||$642||$490||$30||$146||$1,684||$140|
|F-250 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$344||$472||$624||$36||$186||$1,662||$139|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$176||$306||$448||$26||$134||$1,090||$91|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$404||$802||$576||$34||$172||$1,988||$166|
|F-250 XL Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$360||$572||$486||$28||$146||$1,592||$133|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$344||$472||$624||$36||$186||$1,662||$139|
|F-250 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$412||$698||$476||$28||$142||$1,756||$146|
|F-250 XL Turbo Diesel 4WD||$254||$452||$642||$38||$192||$1,578||$132|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$294||$542||$576||$34||$172||$1,618||$135|
|F-250 XLT Super Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$224||$486||$520||$30||$156||$1,416||$118|
|F-250 XL Harley Turbo Diesel 2WD||$344||$542||$564||$34||$168||$1,652||$138|
|F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$354||$788||$452||$26||$136||$1,756||$146|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 2WD||$254||$520||$582||$34||$174||$1,564||$130|
|F-250 XLT Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$334||$668||$582||$34||$174||$1,792||$149|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 2WD||$258||$560||$486||$28||$146||$1,478||$123|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$232||$450||$404||$24||$122||$1,232||$103|
|F-250 Lariat Super Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$234||$462||$414||$24||$124||$1,258||$105|
|F-250 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$208||$390||$490||$30||$146||$1,264||$105|
|F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$196||$414||$500||$30||$150||$1,290||$108|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$196||$414||$538||$32||$162||$1,342||$112|
|F-250 XLT Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$300||$542||$476||$28||$142||$1,488||$124|
|F-250 Cabela Crew Cab 4WD||$318||$660||$538||$32||$162||$1,710||$143|
|F-250 XL Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$196||$414||$500||$30||$150||$1,290||$108|
|F-250 XLT Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$274||$500||$490||$30||$146||$1,440||$120|
|F-250 Lariat Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$176||$398||$404||$24||$122||$1,124||$94|
|F-250 Lariat Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$258||$462||$458||$28||$136||$1,342||$112|
|F-250 XL Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$216||$436||$538||$32||$162||$1,384||$115|
|F-250 Lariat Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$396||$660||$486||$28||$146||$1,716||$143|
|F-250 XL Crew Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$252||$424||$476||$28||$142||$1,322||$110|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in specific zip code location which can revise rates significantly.
Full coverage or liability only
The example below illustrates the comparison of Ford F-250 premium costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no clear-cut formula for phasing out comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Ford F-250 book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are currently paying more than $400 annually for full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The example below demonstrates how citations and at-fault fender-benders can affect Ford F-250 premium costs for each age group. The prices are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance policy discounts for Ford F-250 insurance in Houston
Companies do not list all their discounts very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies provide a small discount get Houston car insurance on the internet.
- Life Insurance – Some insurance companies give lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- ABS Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Driver Safety – Taking a driver safety class could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Cautious Drivers – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- College Student Discount – College-age children who are attending college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best insurance rates in comparison with frequent claim filers.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer most of these discounts include:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts may not apply in your state. To view insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Texas, follow this link.
How do Insurance Companies Determine Ford F-250 Insurance Premiums?
Lots of factors are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, although others are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
- Low comp and collision deductibles cost more – Insurance for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, covers your vehicle from damage. Some coverage claims are a broken windshield, vandalism, and damage caused by flying debris. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The higher the amount you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Do you really need roadside assistance? – There are a ton of add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your insurance policy. Coverage for things like replacement cost coverage, accidental death, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas when discussing your needs, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them and pocket the money.
- Rates may be lower depending on your employer – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Jobs such as doctors, business owners and medical professionals generally pay the highest average rates because of job stress and lengthy work days. Other occupations like scientists, students and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Discounts for married drivers – Your spouse may save some money on your insurance policy. It generally demonstrates drivers are less irresponsible and it’s proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Costs and your address – Residing in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices when insuring your vehicles. Lower population means fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims People who live in big cities have to deal with much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. The longer drive time can result in more accidents.
- More policies can equal more savings – Most major insurers will give a discount to people who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, drivers will still want to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money. Consumers may save even more than the discount by buying from different companies
- Claims statistics for a Ford F-250 – Insurers use statistical claims data to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have a higher premium rate.
The table below illustrates the loss history for Ford F-250 vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is represented as 100. Values under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Ford F-250 Models
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-250 4WD 58 97 85 Ford F-250 SuperCab 2WD 55 90 Ford F-250 SuperCab 4WD 72 118 71 48 Ford F-250 SuperCrew 2WD 75 101 125 Ford F-250 SuperCrew 4WD 86 132 176 44 44 90
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When quoting and choosing the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique and your car insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Does my Ford F-250 qualify for pleasure use?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Buying from car insurance agents
Many drivers would rather talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. A good thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Houston who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best insurer requires more thought than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
When looking for a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two different types of agents and how they operate. Car insurance policy providers may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Houston that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Diego Martinez – State Farm Insurance Agent
2575 S Dairy Ashford Rd m – Houston, TX 77077 – (281) 496-5330 – View Map
- State Farm: Al Johnson
8121 Broadway St #230 – Houston, TX 77061 – (281) 481-5778 – View Map
- Felicia Boudreaux – State Farm Insurance Agent
14901 TX-249 #105 – Houston, TX 77086 – (713) 464-2077 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to contact a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also write with companies you’ve never heard of which can save you money.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Houston that can give you price quotes.
- Ken W Taylor Insurance Agency
9405 Huffmeister Rd #110 – Houston, TX 77095 – (281) 345-2580 – View Map
- Hallmark Insurance Agency Inc
12337 Jones Rd – Houston, TX 77070 – (281) 894-8200 – View Map
- AAIGOT Insurance Agency Inc.
6633 Hillcroft St #101 – Houston, TX 77081 – (713) 270-9373 – View Map
After you get positive responses and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that will properly insure your vehicles.
Quote more to save more
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to shop for Ford F-250 insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Ford F-250 rate quotes. You may even discover the best car insurance rates are with the smaller companies. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Affordable Ford F-250 insurance in Houston is possible on the web as well as from insurance agents, so get free Houston car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Houston? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)