Would you prefer to buy cheaper Volvo V60 insurance in Houston? Sick and tired of trying to scrape together enough money each month for auto insurance? You have the same problem as the majority of other drivers in Texas.
A recent study showed that the vast majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Houston drivers can cut their rates by 70% a year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand the amount of savings they would get if they bought a different policy. Due to the increasing number of insurance companies to choose from that have affordable insurance for a Volvo V60 in Houston, it can be diffult for people to find a more affordable auto insurance provider.
You should take the time to take a look at other company’s rates before your policy renews since prices change frequently. Even if you got the best deal on Volvo V60 insurance in Houston six months ago there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the things you must know in order to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Texas. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Affordable rates by receiving discounts
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who are attending college and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Houston car insurance quote.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. You may see this discount when you get Houston car insurance quotes online.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of insurers who offer cheap Volvo V60 insurance quotes in Houston in Houston, click here to view.
Buying insurance from Houston insurance agencies
A small number of people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local insurance agents is definitely important in Houston.
After completing this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
When finding a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents in Houston are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can write insurance policies, but we need to point out the difference between them since it can affect which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles through many different insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured.
When shopping rates, you definitely need to get several quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Shown below are independent agencies in Houston that can possibly get you competitive price quotes.
702 W Sam Houston Pkwy S – Houston, TX 77042 – (713) 914-0354 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Houston who can help you get comparison quotes.
Picking a insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- If they are an independent agency in Houston, which companies do they recommend?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
After you get positive responses as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to adequately provide insurance. Just be aware that it’s your policy and you can terminate your policy for any reason so never assume you are locked into a policy indefinitely.
Auto insurance can get complicated
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Houston?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Texas?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Smart Consumers Know How to Find Auto Insurance More Affordably
Many factors are considered when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although others are less obvious like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce premiums – Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Multi-policy discounts can save money – Lots of insurance companies afford a discount to clients who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. This can amount to 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, you may still want to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.
Drive fewer miles and save – The more you drive your Volvo in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that are left in the garage receive lower rates than those used for commuting. Double check that your auto insurance declarations sheet shows annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having the wrong rating on your V60 is just wasting money.
Safety first – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. The safest vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you.
Get hitched and pay lower prices – Walking down the aisle may cut your premiums on your policy. It is viewed as being more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Eliminate unneeded extra policy coverages – There are a ton of additional extra coverages that you can buy when buying auto insurance. Coverages for roadside assistance, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
Cautious drivers pay better rates – A bad driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Careful drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Having a single chargeable violation can boost insurance rates by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who get license-revoking tickets like DUI or reckless driving might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
Volvo V60 claim statistics – Insurance companies use historical loss data to calculate a price that will offset losses. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher loss trends will have a higher cost to insure. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Volvo V60 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is a value of 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Volvo V60 Vehicles
|Vehicle Make and Model
|Volvo V60 2WD
|Volvo V60 4WD
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three good reasons to insure your Volvo vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volvo V60 in Houston, auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Volvo at a much higher rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Volvo gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
You can lower your car insurance rates
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to find lower-cost Volvo V60 insurance in Houston. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even find the lowest auto insurance rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When searching for cheaper Houston car insurance quotes, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, high rates after DUI convictions, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
Even more information is available in the articles below:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Wrangler in Houston? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 16 Year Olds in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Car Insurance Rates for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Houston Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Houston? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)