Having to pay for overpriced Volvo V40 insurance in Houston can take a big chunk out of your savings account and make it hard to pay other bills. Doing a price comparison can lower your rates and help to lower your monthly bill.
Unbelievable but true, a large majority of insurance policyholders in Texas have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could cut their rates by nearly 47% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand the large savings they would see if they changed companies.
Due to the abundance of choices for buying cheap insurance for a Volvo V40 in Houston, it is very difficult to pick the cheapest insurer.
You should take the time to compare prices quite often because insurance prices are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on Volvo V40 insurance in Houston a year ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the best way to find better coverage on Volvo V40 insurance in Houston at a better price.
Cheapest Volvo insurance price quotes in Houston
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Houston, TX. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Save money by taking advantage of these ten discounts
Some companies don’t always list all discounts very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Houston car insurance online.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better car insurance rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies may permit one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you will save nearly 15% which can help you find cheap V40 insurance.
- Paper-free Discount – A handful of insurance companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Senior Discount – Seniors may receive a small discount on rates.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau has savings for multi-policy, driver training, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, good student, and safe driver.
- MetLife discounts include accident-free, good driver, claim-free, good student, and defensive driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- AAA offers premium reductions for multi-car, good driver, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- American Family may offer discounts for air bags, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, good student, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, and accident-free.
- GEICO has discounts for anti-theft, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, and daytime running lights.
- State Farm may include discounts for safe vehicle, multiple policy, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, and Drive Safe & Save.
Double check with every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in your state.
Buying from insurance agents
Some people just prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you can get the best rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that give free quotes for your business. There is no reason to contact an agency since price quotes are sent directly to you. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are they full-time agents?
- How many companies do they write for?
- How long has their agency been open in Houston?
Why you might not save $416 a year
Car insurance providers like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm endlessly run television and radio advertisements. They all seem to try to convey promises about how much you will save after switching your coverage. But how can every company make the same claim? It’s all in the wording.
Different companies provide the lowest rates for the type of driver that earns them a profit. A good example of a desirable insured may be between the ages of 40 and 55, owns their home, and drives newer vehicles. A propective insured that hits that “sweet spot” receive the lowest rate quotes in Houston and as a result will probably save some money.
Potential customers who don’t measure up to this ideal profile will probably have to pay a more expensive rate and this results in business not being written. If you pay attention, the ads say “people that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much when switching. That’s the way companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings. Because of this risk profiling, drivers must get Houston car insurance quotes as often as possible. It is impossible to predict with any certainty which company will be your best fit.
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best insurance coverage, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Information about specific coverages
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills such as funeral costs, X-ray expenses, pain medications, EMT expenses and doctor visits. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like rock chips in glass, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, a broken windshield and damage from getting keyed. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 30/60/25 which stand for $30,000 bodily injury coverage, $60,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like court costs, emergency aid, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Texas requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your V40 caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like driving through your garage door, scraping a guard rail, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your V40 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Volvo V40.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Texas limits are 30/60/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Cheaper insurance premiums are possible
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can get a better price on Volvo V40 insurance in Houston. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers or even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
When you buy Houston car insurance online, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price while still protecting your assets.