Feel like you have an expensive auto insurance policy? Trust us, many Houston drivers have buyer’s remorse.
Unthinkable but true, most auto insurance buyers in Texas have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Most drivers in the U.S. could pocket as much as $859 a year by just shopping around, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they switch to a new company. Since you have so many online and local companies to choose from, it can be impossible to pick the right auto insurance company.
The following companies can provide free rate quotes in Houston, TX. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
Car insurance just makes sense
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Oldsmobile Bravada in Houston, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Oldsmobile has a lien holder, most banks will require that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Oldsmobile for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects both your Oldsmobile and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Oldsmobile as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Bravada more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver is wasting up to $855 a year so shop around at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Oldsmobile Bravada Insurance Prices Can Be Lower
Lots of things are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but other criteria are not as apparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven. When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that help calculate the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
High deductibles equal low rates – Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply would be collision with another vehicle, collision with an animal, and damage caused by flying debris. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are required to pay if the claim is covered. The more of the claim you have to pay, the better rate you will receive.
The type of car makes a difference – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you own makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The best insurance prices are usually found on lower performance four cylinder passenger models, but there are many factors that impact the final cost. Because the Oldsmobile Bravada is classified as a standard SUV, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more as compared to the average rate in Houston.
Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Lots of auto insurance companies will give better rates to customers who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, consumers should still shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.
Eliminate unneeded incidental coverages – Insurance policies have a lot of add-on coverages that may not really be needed on your auto insurance policy. Insurance for personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and membership fees could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Good drivers pay less – Even a single driving citation could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Attentive drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have received careless citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive.
File policy claims and pay more – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to higher rates. Companies in Texas provide the lowest premiums to insureds who file claims infrequently. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Drive a safer car and pay less – Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Oldsmobile Bravada insurance in Houston
Companies don’t list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching policies early. This can save 10% or more.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Oldsmobile can earn lower car insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Good Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Good Student Discount – Being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Home Ownership Discount – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Paperwork-free – Some companies give back up to $50 for completing your application on their website.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like you could get a free car insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
To choose car insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Texas, click this link.
What insurance coverages do I need?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you could use an agent’s help.
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Local Houston insurance agents and auto insurance
Many people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Houston who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting a company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. A good agent in Houston will have answers to these questions.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
Two different types of auto insurance agents
If you want to use local Houston agents, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they operate. Agents in Houston are categorized either independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s important to point out how they differ because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Houston that are able to give rate quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you compare quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison.
Below are Houston independent insurance agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
210 W Greens Rd # B – Houston, TX 77067 – (281) 872-6100 – View Map
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers work with independent agents. Low-cost Oldsmobile Bravada insurance in Houston is attainable from both online companies and with local Houston insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
While you’re price shopping online, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More detailed auto insurance information is located at these sites:
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- How Much are Houston Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Houston Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Nurses in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Car Insurance Quotes for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Houston Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Traverse? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Houston? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)