How long has it been since the last time you looked for low-cost Mazda CX-9 insurance in Houston? There isn’t anyone who fancies paying their premiums for insurance, especially when they know the cost is too high.
Sadly, nearly 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted insurance rates at all. The average driver in the United States could save themselves nearly 46.5% a year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand the actual amount they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. Due to the large number of companies and agents to choose from, it can be diffult for drivers to choose the lowest cost insurance provider.
Our goal is to teach you a little about how insurance works and some money-saving tips. If you have a policy now, you will be able to find the best rates using the tips covered below. Drivers just need to understand the most efficient way to find the lowest price on the web.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CX-9 Sport 2WD||$176||$306||$430||$26||$128||$1,066||$89|
|CX-9 Grand Touring 2WD||$356||$788||$496||$30||$148||$1,818||$152|
|CX-9 Sport AWD||$264||$542||$462||$28||$138||$1,434||$120|
|CX-9 Touring 2WD||$356||$788||$496||$30||$148||$1,818||$152|
|CX-9 Touring AWD||$176||$378||$430||$26||$128||$1,138||$95|
|CX-9 Grand Touring AWD||$412||$698||$382||$22||$114||$1,628||$136|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in Houston location which can lower or raise premium rates greatly.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by gender and age
The example below shows the difference between Mazda CX-9 insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Car insurance in Texas serves several purposes
Despite the high insurance cost for a Mazda CX-9 in Houston, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your CX-9 with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Mazda at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves both your Mazda and your personal assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Mazda gets damaged, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Texas overpays more than $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Houston insurance discounts for a Mazda CX-9
Car insurance can be pricey, but you may qualify for discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- Multiple Cars – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles with the same car insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Driver Safety – Passing a course teaching safe driver skills may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used CX-9 may earn a small discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Houston car insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Insurance companies who might offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
Before buying, ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not apply everywhere. If you would like to view car insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Texas, click this link.
You may need help from an agent
Many drivers still like to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Most agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local agencies is especially important in Houston.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Houston who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If for some reason you want to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Types of car insurance agents in Houston
When finding a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies to choose from. Agents in Houston are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can write auto insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference between them because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, it’s a good idea to compare prices from several independent agencies to maximize your price options.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Houston that may be able to give you free auto insurance quotes.
210 W Greens Rd # B – Houston, TX 77067 – (281) 872-6100 – View Map
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below are Houston exclusive agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
Choosing an car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to buying coverage online or from an agent, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Be persistent to save money
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, someone dropped full coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Affordable Mazda CX-9 insurance in Houston is available on the web and from local agencies, so get free Houston car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Car Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma in Houston? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)