Car owners fed up with high insurance rates and are new to comparing rates online may find buying the cheapest Lexus RC 200t insurance in Houston is harder than it needs to be.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that the vast majority of auto insurance customers have bought auto insurance from the same company for well over three years, and nearly half have never shopped around. Houston drivers could save nearly $1,770 each year, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rates online.
You should take the time to compare premium rates before your policy renews because insurance rates tend to go up over time. Just because you had the lowest premium rates on Lexus RC 200t insurance in Houston six months ago there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the proper way to buy cheaper Lexus RC 200t insurance in Houston.
Keep in mind that comparing more quotes will improve the odds of getting the best offered rates. Not every company allows you to get Houston RC 200t insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s important to also get quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Houston, TX. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Lexus RC 200t insurance discounts in Houston
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not know about. Some of these discounts will be visible when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Sign Online – Some companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies provide a discount for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Distant Student – Children who are attending college and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
- Telematics Data – Houston drivers who agree to allow companies to monitor driving habits by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new RC 200t can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you could get a free car insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
Larger car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- Farm Bureau discounts include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, renewal discount, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, passive restraint, accident-free, defensive driving training, multiple autos, and student away at school.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- Allstate has discounts for passive restraint, resident student, 55 and retired, anti-lock brakes, and eSmart discount.
- Nationwide has savings for easy pay, anti-theft, good student, defensive driving, and business or organization.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good driver, accident-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, and good student.
Double check with every insurance company which discounts they offer. A few discounts may not apply to policies in every state. To find car insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Houston, click here.
What if I want to buy from local Houston insurance agents?
A lot of people prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you can get better rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, the quote information is submitted to companies in Houston that can provide free Houston auto insurance quotes for your business. You won’t need to find an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Picking an company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
When finding a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand and strong financial ratings.
The following are Houston exclusive insurance agents that can give you rate quotes.
- Bob Goodwin – State Farm Insurance Agent
1616 Clear Lake City Blvd #107 – Houston, TX 77062 – (281) 486-9100 – View Map
- Donald Malveaux – State Farm Insurance Agent
12001 Richmond Ave #6 – Houston, TX 77082 – (281) 679-7155 – View Map
- Diego Martinez – State Farm Insurance Agent
2575 S Dairy Ashford Rd m – Houston, TX 77077 – (281) 496-5330 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to include price quotes from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through mutual insurance companies which may have better rates.
Below is a list of independent agents in Houston who can help you get rate quotes.
- Duckworth Insurance Agency
3824 Broadway St – Houston, TX 77017 – (713) 645-1500 – View Map
702 W Sam Houston Pkwy S – Houston, TX 77042 – (713) 914-0354 – View Map
- Town and Country Insurance Agency – Houston, TX
10575 Katy Fwy # 150 – Houston, TX 77024 – (713) 461-8979 – View Map
Once you have acceptable answers to these questions as well as affordable Lexus RC 200t insurance rates in Houston quotes, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that meets your needs to insure your vehicles.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When selecting the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Lexus RC 200t?
- What happens if I owe more than my Lexus RC 200t is worth?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Smart Consumers Know How to Buy Car Insurance Cheaper
Many factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, although others are more transparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
- Urban areas may pay more – Being located in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has it’s advantages when buying car insurance. Residents of big cities tend to have more aggressive driving styles and more time behind the wheel. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims in addition to lower liability claims
- Affects performance affects auto insurance rates – The performance of the car you own makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. Since the Lexus RC 200t is classified as a sport coupe, insuring your vehicle will cost much more as compared to the average rate in Houston. Low performance passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Improve your credit history and save – A driver’s credit score is likely to be a major factor in your rate calculation. So if your credit history could use some work, you may save money insuring your Lexus RC 200t if you clean up your credit. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have poor credit.
- Eliminate incidental coverages – There are quite a few add-on coverages that can waste your money when buying car insurance. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas at first, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Mature drivers save more – Teenage drivers in Texas are statistically proven to be more careless with other occupants in the car so car insurance rates are higher. More experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.
- No policy lapses lowers premiums – Not having insurance is against the law and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage will get you a license revocation or jail time. You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Texas motor vehicle department.
- Lower miles driven equals lower premium – The more miles you rack up on your Lexus every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies calculate prices based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. Double check that your car insurance policy states the correct usage for each vehicle. An improperly rated RC 200t may be wasting your money.
- Pay more out-of-pocket – The deductibles you choose state the amount of money you are required to pay if the claim is covered. Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims are rearending another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and damage caused by road hazards. The more damage repair cost you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
Car insurance in Texas serves several purposes
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Lexus for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your Lexus RC 200t. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $820 a year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to save money.
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped full coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
A few companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional carriers work with local independent agents. Lower-priced Lexus RC 200t insurance in Houston can be sourced online and also from your neighborhood Houston agents, so you need to compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to lower your Lexus RC 200t insurance premium rates in Houston. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Houston auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Houston auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company.
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Retired Military in Houston? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)