If shopping for Houston auto insurance quotes online is new to you, you can easily be overwhelmed due to the large number of local and online companies all advertising big savings for Kia Borrego insurance in Houston.
Unbelievably, nearly 70% of Texas drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for four years or more, and nearly half have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. American drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rate quotes.
Cheapest Kia insurance rate quotes in Houston
The companies in the list below provide price comparisons in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Lower-cost Kia Borrego insurance in Houston
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts that you may not even be aware of. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Clubs and Organizations – Joining a civic or occupational organization in Houston could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Houston Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can help you save on car insurance because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Houston auto insurance depending on your company.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency so companies will give you a small discount.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Kia could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky. But all discounts will definitely reduce your overall premium however.
If you would like to see a list of companies that offer discounts in Texas, click here.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Costs
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that aid in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” used by insurance companies to determine rates.
Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Safer cars cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety protect occupants better and fewer serious injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can result in lower premiums.
Claim-free discounts can add up – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies in Texas provide the lowest premiums to people who only file infrequent claims. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
Deter theft and pay less – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all hinder auto theft and help lower rates.
Do you save by driving less? – The higher the miles on your Kia in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that are left in the garage cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. A policy that improperly rates your Borrego is just wasting money. Make sure your policy properly reflects the correct driver usage.
Increase physical damage deductibles to save – Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of covered claims are a broken windshield, damage caused by hail, and having your car stolen. Physical damage deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
Single vs. married – Being married can actually save you money on your car insurance bill. It means you’re more mature and responsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Car insurance rates and your vocation – Careers like fire fighters, executives and miners tend to pay higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from job stress and long work days. On the flip side, jobs such as actors, historians and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
Driving citations can be expensive – Being a careful driver impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Attentive drivers receive lower rates compared to bad drivers. Even a single chargeable violation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have multiple violations like DUI or reckless driving might be required by their state to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When quoting and choosing proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Texas?
- If my car is totalled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agents
Some consumers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to participating agents in Houston who want to provide quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Any agent in Houston should have no problem answering these questions:
- How are claims handled?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
When searching for a local Houston insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents to choose from. Insurance agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers often choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Houston willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Scott McNab – State Farm Insurance Agent
1005 Waugh Dr b – Houston, TX 77019 – (713) 520-5556 – View Map
- Felicia Boudreaux – State Farm Insurance Agent
14901 TX-249 #105 – Houston, TX 77086 – (713) 464-2077 – View Map
- Armando Valdez – State Farm Insurance Agent
12941 North Fwy #608 – Houston, TX 77060 – (281) 537-7890 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company so they can write business through lots of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing rates, you absolutely need to get quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection. Most also have access to smaller mutual companies which can be an advantage.
The following are independent agents in Houston willing to provide price quotes.
- R.Y.A. Insurance Agency, Inc.
12155 Jones Rd #300 – Houston, TX 77070 – (281) 469-6286 – View Map
- Texas Insurance Agency
719 Shotwell St – Houston, TX 77026 – (713) 675-2626 – View Map
- TDECU INSURANCE AGENCY, LLC
1235 N Loop W Fwy #1100 – Houston, TX 77008 – (979) 238-8283 – View Map
If you receive reasonable responses and an affordable coverage quote, you may have found an insurance agency that can be relied on to service your policy. It’s important to know that it’s your coverage and you can cancel your policy whenever you wish so never assume you are locked into a specific agent for the entire policy term.
Get the best coverage at the best price
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent or even poor customer service. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company is actually quite simple.
More affordable car insurance in Houston is possible from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed full coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Nurses in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Houston? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)