Do you want to learn how to find more competitive Hyundai Santa Fe insurance in Houston? Are you drained from scraping nickels together to pay your car insurance bill each month? You’re in the same situation as many other drivers in Texas.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Drivers in Texas could save 70% every year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know the big savings they would realize if they switch to a new company. Drivers have multiple car insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, too many choices makes it more difficult to locate the cheapest rates for Hyundai Santa Fe insurance in Houston.
Most larger insurance companies provide pricing on their websites. Doing online quotes for Hyundai Santa Fe insurance in Houston is pretty easy as you simply type in your required coverages as detailed in the form. Once entered, the quote system collects credit information and your driving record and quotes a price based on many factors. Getting online rate quotes for Hyundai Santa Fe insurance in Houston makes comparing rates easy, and it’s necessary to perform this step if you want to find the best rate on auto insurance.
To quickly find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter deductibles and limits just like they are on your policy. This helps ensure you will get rate comparison quotes for similar coverage.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Texas. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Santa Fe GLS 2WD||$154||$306||$388||$24||$116||$988||$82|
|Santa Fe GLS 4WD||$282||$610||$430||$26||$128||$1,476||$123|
|Santa Fe SE 2WD||$266||$492||$514||$30||$154||$1,456||$121|
|Santa Fe Limited 2WD||$328||$698||$382||$22||$114||$1,544||$129|
|Santa Fe SE 4WD||$218||$434||$392||$24||$118||$1,186||$99|
|Santa Fe Limited 4WD||$288||$594||$366||$22||$110||$1,380||$115|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can increase or decrease prices considerably.
Should you buy full coverage?
The illustration below shows the comparison of Hyundai Santa Fe car insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The information is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no specific rule to stop buying comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Hyundai Santa Fe replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are currently paying more than $700 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Lower rate quotes by taking advantage of discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- College Student – College-age children who live away from home at college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Houston drivers who stay claim-free get the best auto insurance rates in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Save over 55 – Seniors could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in Houston can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active deployment in the military can result in better premium rates.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you could get a free auto insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for business and professional, bundle discounts, multi-car, mature driver, pay in full, and homeowner.
- Farm Bureau discounts include multi-policy, youthful driver, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- State Farm may offer discounts for student away at school, anti-theft, good student, multiple autos, accident-free, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, and good student.
- SAFECO has savings for homeowner, safe driver, multi-car, drive less, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, and accident prevention training.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for preferred payment discount, newly retired, multi-policy, good student, teen driver discount, and new move discount.
Check with all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in your area. To locate providers who offer online Hyundai Santa Fe insurance quotes in Texas, click here.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Hyundai in Houston, insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Hyundai Santa Fe, it’s most likely the lender will require that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Hyundai at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $800 each year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Which is the best insurance?
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Texas minimum liability coverage?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance agents can find coverage gaps
Many drivers still like to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting local agents is definitely important in Houston.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Houston that can provide free Houston auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Below is a short list of auto insurance companies in Houston that may be willing to give rate quotes for Hyundai Santa Fe insurance in Houston.
Choosing a company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Houston should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How are claims handled?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- When do they do policy reviews?