Paying for pricey Hyundai Equus insurance in Houston can bleed your bank account and make it hard to pay other bills. Performing a price comparison is a great way to make ends meet.
It’s astonishing, but 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. U.S. insurance shoppers could pocket about $860 a year by just shopping around, but they underestimate the amount of money they would save if they switched. Due to the abundance of options when it comes to car insurance, it can be impossible to locate a lower cost car insurance company.
It’s a great practice to compare prices at least once a year because insurance prices change frequently. Even if you got the best deal on Hyundai Equus insurance in Houston at your last renewal a different company probably has better premium rates today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re going to learn how to quote online to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Buying affordable car insurance in Houston is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you currently have car insurance, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the following tips. Drivers just have to understand the best way to compare rates from many different companies.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Houston, TX. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the best known as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you are just wasting money.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some larger companies reward drivers for renewing your policy prior to your current Equus insurance policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- E-sign Discounts – A handful of larger companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing on the web.
- Good Student Discount – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Organization Discounts – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best car insurance rates as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Low Mileage – Low annual miles could earn better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Large car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm discounts include anti-theft, safe vehicle, good student, defensive driving training, good driver, and driver’s education.
- Nationwide offers discounts including anti-theft, family plan, easy pay, multi-policy, defensive driving, good student, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, federal employee, air bags, and seat belt use.
- AAA includes discounts for multi-car, good student, good driver, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century has savings for driver training, early bird, homeowners, anti-lock brakes, good student, and teen driver.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for vehicle fuel type, good student, air bag, anti-theft, driver training, and defensive driver.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. To see a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above in Texas, click here.
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in Texas is an important decision
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lien holder, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Hyundai for a lot more money and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Hyundai gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in Texas overpays as much as $869 every year so shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Comparing quotes from local Houston car insurance agents
Some people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent. Most agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this short form, the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents because prices are sent immediately to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good provider should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Any agent in Houston should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Houston?
- Where are claims handled?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
When researching a reputable agency, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents to choose from. Insurance agencies in Houston can be described as either exclusive or independent. Either one can provide car insurance policies, but it’s important to point out how they differ because it can impact which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Houston willing to provide price quote information.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured. If you need lower rates, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Houston who can help you get price quote information.
210 W Greens Rd # B – Houston, TX 77067 – (281) 872-6100 – View Map
If you feel you receive satisfactory answers to any questions you have and an acceptable price quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that can insure your vehicles.