How many times have you said it’s time to compare more competitive insurance rates in Houston, TX? Houston shoppers have a choice when shopping for low-cost Ford Fiesta insurance. You can either spend your time driving around trying to get quotes or use the internet to compare rates. There are both good and bad ways to find insurance online and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to compare rates on a Ford and find the lowest possible price either online or from Houston insurance agents.
Lowering your Ford Fiesta auto insurance rates is not rocket science. The only requirement is to invest a little time getting comparison quotes from online providers.
The following companies can provide price quotes in Houston, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Don’t overlook these Ford Fiesta insurance discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there are discounts available to reduce the price significantly. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied before you get the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Houston car insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a defensive driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Houston could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select auto insurance companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck. But any discount will definitely reduce your overall bill.
Car insurance companies that may offer policyholders these money-saving discounts include:
Check with every company which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in your state. For a list of insurance companies with the best discounts in Texas, click here.
What Determines Ford Fiesta Insurance Premiums?
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the things that go into determining insurance rates. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with lower premium levels. Lots of things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although others are more transparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
- Liability coverage limits should be high – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. It provides for a legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Less chance of injury means lower prices – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you. If the Ford Fiesta has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
- Save money by eliminating add-on coverages – There are quite a few additional coverages you can purchase but may not be useful. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, accidental death, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing at first, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Reserve policy claims for larger damages – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims don’t be surprised to see higher rates. Car insurance companies in Texas generally give the lowest premiums to drivers who only file infrequent claims. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
- Ford Fiesta historical loss data – Insurers use historical loss data to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Models that statistically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages. The next table illustrates the loss history for Ford Fiesta vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or larger claims.
Ford Fiesta Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Fiesta 96 91 73 115 123 113
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Neighborhood insurance agents
A lot of people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Most agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about getting online price quotes is that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Houston that give free quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to leave your house since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you can always visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best provider should include more criteria than just a low price. A good agent in Houston will have answers to these questions.
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- How long has their agency been open in Houston?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
If you are searching for a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types of agents can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s worth learning why they differ because it can influence buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
The following are Houston exclusive insurance agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- State Farm: Al Johnson
8121 Broadway St #230 – Houston, TX 77061 – (281) 481-5778 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Harris County Insurance Agency
13030 Woodforest Blvd b – Houston, TX 77015 – (713) 451-5716 – View Map
- Felicia Boudreaux – State Farm Insurance Agent
14901 TX-249 #105 – Houston, TX 77086 – (713) 464-2077 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rates, you definitely need to get rate quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Many can place coverage with less well-known companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below are independent agencies in Houston willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allrisc Insurance Agency
6918 Corporate Dr – Houston, TX 77036 – (713) 771-6000 – View Map
- Pasadena Insurance Agency, Inc.
99 Detering St #280 – Houston, TX 77007 – (713) 869-6991 – View Map
- Duckworth Insurance Agency
3824 Broadway St – Houston, TX 77017 – (713) 645-1500 – View Map
Upon getting answers to your satisfaction as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that is professional and can service your policy.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When it comes to buying insurance from an agent or online, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Your situation is unique and your auto insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Ford Fiesta is totaled?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Texas?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Is there deception in advertising?
Texas drivers can’t get away from all the ads for the lowest price car insurance by Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. They all seem to say the same thing about savings if you switch your coverage to them.
How does every car insurance company charge you a lower premium? Here is the trick they use.
Different companies have specific characteristics for the type of customer they prefer to insure. A good example of a profitable insured might be married and over the age of 30, carries high limits, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. Any customer that matches those criteria gets the lowest premium rates and as a result will probably cut their Ford Fiesta insurance rates if they switch.
Potential customers who do not meet those criteria will have to pay a higher rate and this can result in the prospect going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “drivers that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that much. That’s why insurance companies can make the claims of big savings. Each company has different criteria, so it’s extremely important to compare as many free Houston car insurance quotes as you can. It is impossible to guess with any certainty which company will have the best auto insurance rates for your profile.
Cheaper auto insurance premiums are possible
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
We’ve covered many ideas to get a better price on Ford Fiesta insurance in Houston. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting affordable Houston car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small mutual company. They may only write in your state and offer lower prices compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Houston, TX? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Houston? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)