Are you sick of overpaying and want more affordable Buick Verano insurance in Houston? Buying cheap Houston Buick Verano insurance quotes may seem to be intimidating for people who are new to comparing and buying insurance online. With such a big selection of agents and online companies, how are we expected to efficiently compare every company in order to find the cheapest price possible?
It’s hard to believe, but the vast majority of consumers in Texas have bought insurance from the same company for at least four years, and almost half have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. American consumers could save about 47% each year by just shopping around, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rate quotes online.
It is always a good idea to do rate comparisons periodically due to the fact that insurance prices are constantly changing. If you had the lowest price on Buick Verano insurance in Houston a few years ago you may be paying too much now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding Verano insurance online but in this article, you’re going to get some great ideas on how to find affordable insurance in Houston.
Learn How to Quote Car Insurance More Affordably
Many factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but other factors are less apparent like where you live or your commute time. When buying car insurance it’s important to understand a few of the rating criteria that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower premium levels.
Prices are impacted by vehicle performance – The make and model of the vehicle you are insuring makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. Because the Buick Verano is considered a passenger car, rates will be similar in price or lower when compared to the average rates in Houston. Small economy passenger vehicles normally have pretty low rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Older drivers are lower risk – Older drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Young drivers have a tendency to be less responsible when at the wheel of a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher.
Get better rates if you’re married – Getting married may earn you lower rates on your policy. Marriage means you’re more responsible it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
Little extras can really add up – There are quite a few extra add-on coverages that may not really be needed when buying car insurance. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and term life insurance are probably not needed. These may sound like a good investment when buying your policy, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
Compare rates if you bundle your policies – Most larger car insurance companies provide a discount to insureds who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to comparison shop to ensure the best deal.There is a chance you can save even more by insuring with multiple companies.
Insurance loss data for Buick Verano vehicles – Auto insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that statistically have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher rates. The table shown below demonstrates the collected loss data for Buick Verano vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is equal to 100. Values under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are 100 or greater point to more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Buick Verano Vehicles
|Specific Buick Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Buick Verano insurance in Houston is to take advantage of the fact most insurance companies participate in online systems to give you rate quotes. All you need to do is provide a small amount of information including whether you drive to work or school, coverage limits, how much you drive, and the type of vehicles you drive. Your details is then sent to multiple car insurance providers and you will receive price estimates almost instantly.
To start a quote now, click here then complete the form.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide free quotes in Houston, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Can you really save $431 a year?
Big name companies like State Farm and Allstate constantly bombard you with ads in print and on television. All the companies convey the message of big savings just by moving your auto insurance coverage to their company. How do they all save you money on Buick Verano insurance in Houston? It’s all in how they say it.
Insurance providers look for specific characteristics for the driver that will add to their bottom line. For instance, a driver they prefer might be described as between 30 and 50, owns their home, and chooses high deductibles. A customer that meets those criteria will get a cheap rate quote in Houston and will also save when they switch companies.
Insureds who are not a match for this ideal profile may be required to pay more expensive rates with the end result being the customer not buying. The wording the ads use say “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That’s the way insurance companies can make claims like that. Each company has different criteria, so you should quote coverage with many companies. It is impossible to guess which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest Buick Verano insurance in Houston.
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Buick Verano in Houston, maintaining insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Buick, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Buick at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your car but also your assets. It will also cover medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $810 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Get cheap Buick Verano insurance in Houston with discounts
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may be missing some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a course teaching defensive driver skills can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Membership in Organizations – Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on insurance.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Buick may enable drivers to earn slightly better rates than normal.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A list of insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- 21st Century offers discounts for student driver, defensive driver, teen driver, driver training, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- State Farm discounts include passive restraint, good student, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, good driver, and driver’s education.
- Nationwide includes discounts for accident-free, family plan, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, and defensive driving.
- Esurance has savings for good driver, safety device, DriveSense, defensive driver, anti-theft, multi-car, and homeowner.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include driver training, bundle, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, and anti-theft.
Before buying, ask all the companies how you can save money. A few discounts might not apply in Houston. To choose insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Houston, follow this link.
Insurance agents can find coverage gaps
Certain consumers just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. A good thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find lower prices and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best provider requires you to look at more than just the price. Any agent in Houston should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- If they are an independent agency in Houston, which companies do they recommend?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
Two types of Houston auto insurance agents
When researching a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different types of agents to choose from. Car insurance agencies are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. These agents are highly trained on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often use the same agent mainly due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are Houston exclusive insurance agents willing to provide price quote information.
- Sean Wong – State Farm Insurance Agent
7035 Hwy 6 N – Houston, TX 77095 – (281) 550-0555 – View Map
- Donald Malveaux – State Farm Insurance Agent
12001 Richmond Ave #6 – Houston, TX 77082 – (281) 679-7155 – View Map
- Diego Martinez – State Farm Insurance Agent
2575 S Dairy Ashford Rd m – Houston, TX 77077 – (281) 496-5330 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison. They often place coverage with small mutual carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below are independent agents in Houston that are able to give price quotes.
- Moon Insurance Agency
360 FM 1959 – Houston, TX 77034 – (281) 484-8320 – View Map
- El Dorado Insurance Agency, Inc
3673 Westcenter Dr – Houston, TX 77042 – (800) 221-3386 – View Map
- Hispanos Insurance Agency
8624 Long Point Rd – Houston, TX 77055 – (713) 827-1277 – View Map
Cheaper insurance rates are out there
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to find lower-cost Buick Verano insurance in Houston. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Buick Verano rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high prices or being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, finding a new insurance company can be less work than you think.
As you quote Houston auto insurance, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed full coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)