Do you get exhausted from not being able to scrape enough together to buy car insurance? You’re in the same situation as many other people in Texas.
Inconceivable but true, a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. Consumers in the United States could save almost 47% every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to shop their coverage around. Multiple auto insurance companies compete for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the best coverage at the lowest price on Audi A4 insurance in Houston.
If you have coverage now or are looking for a new policy, you can learn to get lower rates without having to cut coverage. Choosing the best rates in Houston is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. Consumers just need to learn the most efficient way to get comparison rates from multiple carriers.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo Station Wagon||$246||$500||$392||$24||$118||$1,280||$107|
|A4 2.0T Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$400||$366||$22||$110||$1,108||$92|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$288||$594||$366||$22||$110||$1,380||$115|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo Station Wagon||$206||$424||$382||$22||$114||$1,148||$96|
|A4 2.0T Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$318||$660||$430||$26||$128||$1,562||$130|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$178||$360||$366||$22||$110||$1,036||$86|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$196||$414||$400||$24||$120||$1,154||$96|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo Station Wagon||$294||$624||$462||$28||$138||$1,546||$129|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$360||$660||$388||$24||$116||$1,548||$129|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$362||$774||$462||$28||$138||$1,764||$147|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in your specific Houston location which can raise or lower premium rates considerably.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The example below shows the difference between Audi A4 insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premiums assume no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, single female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no specific rule of when to exclude full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Audi A4 replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $500 annually for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
How high should deductibles be?
The chart below shows how different deductible levels and can increase or decrease Audi A4 insurance prices for each age group. The premiums are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Take advantage of these eight rate reducing discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Most are applied when you get a quote, but a few need to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide before your rates go up if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Multi-line Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could save up to 20% off your total A4 insurance premium.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, defensive driving training, good driver, anti-theft, multiple policy, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO has discounts for emergency military deployment, seat belt use, air bags, multi-policy, defensive driver, and driver training.
- SAFECO offers discounts for safe driver, teen safety rewards, multi-car, drive less, teen safe driver, and accident prevention training.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include distant student, good student, teen driver, youthful driver, and pay in full.
- AAA has savings for multi-car, AAA membership discount, good student, good driver, and anti-theft.
- USAA discounts include family discount, military installation, good student, multi-policy, new vehicle, vehicle storage, and multi-vehicle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in Houston.
Auto insurance agents can give valuable advice
Some consumers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Houston.
Upon completion of this quick form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents in Houston who want to provide quotes for your business. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you wish to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you want to use a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both write policy coverage, but it is a good idea to know why they differ since it could factor into your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not write with just one company so they can write business with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparing insurance prices, you definitely need to contact a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Houston who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
210 W Greens Rd # B – Houston, TX 77067 – (281) 872-6100 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company like State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Houston willing to provide price quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Harris County Insurance Agency
13030 Woodforest Blvd b – Houston, TX 77015 – (713) 451-5716 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Houston should be willing to answer these questions.
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
After you get answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask and a low price estimate, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to service your policy.
Which is the best insurance?
When it comes to buying a policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Will my Audi A4 be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Texas?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Why you need A4 insurance in Texas
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Audi A4 in Houston, auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Audi, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Audi at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your A4 are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $825 a year so shop around at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Parts of your car insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses such as X-ray expenses, pain medications, nursing services, surgery and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, vandalism, damage from flooding and hitting a deer. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability insurance – This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 30/60/25 which stand for a limit of $30,000 per injured person, $60,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims such as loss of income, legal defense fees, repair costs for stationary objects, court costs and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Audi A4.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 30/60/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Collision – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your A4 from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like colliding with a tree, colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail, damaging your car on a curb and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your A4 to get cheaper collision coverage.
One last thing about your coverage
When getting Houston car insurance quotes online, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford.
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver, delays in paying claims or poor customer service. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right car insurance provider is easier than you think.
You just read a lot of information how to compare Audi A4 insurance auto insurance rates in Houston. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best auto insurance rates are with a small mutual company.
More detailed car insurance information can be read at these sites:
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)