Would you like to stop wasting money and find low-cost car insurance rates in Houston, TX? Houston drivers have lots of choices when trying to find affordable GMC Envoy insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to get rate quotes. There is a better way to find car insurance online and you need to know the best way to compare rates for a GMC and locate the lowest possible price from Houston insurance agents and online providers.
Locating the best rates in Houston can be made easier if you know where to look. If you already have coverage, you should be able to lower your rates using the following tips. Drivers only need to know the fastest way to compare different rates online.
Finding a lower price on GMC Envoy insurance can be relatively painless. Just take the time comparing rate quotes to discover which company has affordable GMC Envoy insurance quotes.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Don’t overlook these GMC Envoy insurance discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better auto insurance rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles can earn cheaper rates.
- Houston Homeowners Discount – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching companies prior to your current Envoy insurance policy expiration. You could save around 10% when you buy Houston auto insurance online.
- Professional Organizations – Being in a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Paperless Signup – Certain larger companies will give a small break for signing up online.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in Houston, click here to view.
How Insurance Providers Determine GMC Envoy Insurance Prices
Part of the insurance buying process is learning the factors that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower insurance prices. Many different elements are used when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
The following are most of the major factors that factor into rates.
- Do you have a demanding vocation? – Occupations such as lawyers, business owners and miners generally have higher rates than the rest of us due to stressful work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, professions such as farmers, historians and retirees have lower than average premiums.
- Lower premiums for cars with good safety ratings – Safe vehicles tend to have lower insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you. If your GMC scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
- Better drivers pay less – A bad driving record influences premium rates substantially. Even one chargeable violation can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Good drivers get better prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have gotten severe violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
- What type of car do you drive? – The performance of the car you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in how high your rates are. Due to the fact that the GMC Envoy is a standard SUV, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more than the average rate where you live in Houston. Smaller low performance passenger vehicles generally receive the lowest base rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Gender matters – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that females are better at driving than males. They both cause accidents in similar percentages, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Youthful male drivers cause the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
- Vehicle features can affect premiums – Selecting a car model with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms help track and prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
When should I get advice from an insurance agent?
A small number of people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Good insurance agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find lower rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Houston who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, just visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer needs to be determined by more than just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- How are claims handled?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
When looking for an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can be described as either independent or exclusive. Either can sell auto insurance policies, but it is important to understand the differences because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents are contracted to one company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand name rather than low rates.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Houston willing to provide price quote information.
- Bob Goodwin – State Farm Insurance Agent
1616 Clear Lake City Blvd #107 – Houston, TX 77062 – (281) 486-9100 – View Map
- Ben Speer – State Farm Insurance Agent
1110 E NASA Pkwy Ste 300 – Houston, TX 77058 – (281) 204-8282 – View Map
- Donald Malveaux – State Farm Insurance Agent
12001 Richmond Ave #6 – Houston, TX 77082 – (281) 679-7155 – View Map
Independent agents do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. They often place coverage with different regional companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Houston that can give you comparison quotes.
- Texas Insurance Agency
719 Shotwell St – Houston, TX 77026 – (713) 675-2626 – View Map
- Hispanos Insurance Agency
8624 Long Point Rd – Houston, TX 77055 – (713) 827-1277 – View Map
- Town and Country Insurance Agency – Houston, TX
10575 Katy Fwy # 150 – Houston, TX 77024 – (713) 461-8979 – View Map
More effort can pay off
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, policy non-renewal, high prices or even policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
Lower-priced insurance in Houston is attainable both online and with local Houston insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies don’t offer online quoting and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Houston? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)