Do you need a better way to compare low-cost GMC Canyon insurance in Houston? Trying to come up with a payment for high-priced auto insurance can take a big chunk out of your family’s budget and force you to tighten up your finances. Comparing rate quotes is a fast and free way to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
Unbelievable but true according to a study over 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. American consumers could save nearly $860 each year, but they feel it’s too difficult to find affordable rates by getting comparison quotes.
Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers to find the absolute lowest rate on GMC Canyon insurance in Houston.
Consumers need to shop coverage around once or twice a year because insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the best rates on GMC Canyon insurance in Houston a few years ago there may be better deals available now. There are a lot of ways to save on Canyon insurance online but in this article, you’re going to get the best ways to lower your auto insurance rates in Houston.
When looking for inexpensive Houston auto insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare quotes from local Houston auto insurance companies. The simplest method to lower the rate you pay for GMC Canyon insurance is to perform an online rate comparison.
Getting price quotes online is very simple and it takes the place of having to spend time driving to insurance agents’ offices. Quoting and buying GMC Canyon insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional abilities that you can only get from talking to an agent. Although, it is possible comparison shop online and get advice from an agent in your area. Just remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps improve the odds of finding the best rates.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Texas. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Canyon SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$136||$252||$430||$26||$128||$972||$81|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab 2WD||$246||$580||$430||$26||$128||$1,410||$118|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 2WD||$144||$288||$392||$24||$118||$966||$81|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$248||$486||$388||$24||$116||$1,262||$105|
|Canyon SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$230||$372||$496||$30||$148||$1,276||$106|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab Z71 2WD||$322||$682||$462||$28||$138||$1,632||$136|
|Canyon SLT Ext Cab 2WD||$314||$670||$496||$30||$148||$1,658||$138|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab 4WD||$166||$236||$392||$24||$118||$936||$78|
|Canyon SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$374||$698||$500||$30||$150||$1,752||$146|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 4WD||$234||$460||$462||$28||$138||$1,322||$110|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$202||$358||$462||$28||$138||$1,188||$99|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab Z71 4WD||$158||$260||$358||$22||$108||$906||$76|
|Canyon SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$422||$592||$500||$30||$150||$1,694||$141|
|Canyon SLT Ext Cab 4WD||$318||$610||$430||$26||$128||$1,512||$126|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in specific Houston garaging location which can revise price quotes considerably.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The chart below shows how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can raise GMC Canyon car insurance rates for each age group. The rates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The example below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can increase or decrease GMC Canyon yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The rates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for GMC Canyon insurance in Houston
Car insurance can be pricey, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain credits will be shown when you purchase, but a few must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking a defensive driving class could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who live away from home at college and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles can earn cheaper premium rates.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow companies to monitor where and when they drive remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
Don’t be shocked that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- American Family offers discounts for mySafetyValet, good student, early bird, TimeAway discount, air bags, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide discounts include Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, defensive driving, business or organization, and good student.
- MetLife may offer discounts for claim-free, accident-free, good driver, good student, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century has savings for good student, air bags, teen driver, early bird, and 55 and older.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for homeowner, bundle discounts, business and professional, electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, and switch companies.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including good payer, eSmart discount, economy car, premier plus, and new car.
When quoting, ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts may not be offered in Houston. To view companies that offer the discounts shown above in Texas, click here to view.
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a GMC Canyon in Houston, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Canyon, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your GMC at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects both your GMC and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $800 each year so compare quotes from several companies every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Insurance is unique, just like you
When selecting a policy, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Texas?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Who is covered when they drive my GMC Canyon?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my GMC Canyon is totaled?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Compare prices but buy from a local Houston insurance agency
Certain consumers still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower car insurance rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood agents is important particularly in Houston.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data is sent to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to leave your house since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
When finding a local agent, there are two types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Houston are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you get some free quotes from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Houston who can help you get free rate quotes.
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Houston that can give you comparison quotes.
Choosing an insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Who are their largest clients?
- How long have they been in business?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
Upon receiving reasonable responses to any questions you have and an affordable coverage quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that meets the requirements to service your policy. Just understand that you can always terminate coverage whenever you choose to so never assume that you are permanently stuck with any particular company indefinitely.