Are you looking for a better way to compare lower-priced car insurance rates in Houston, TX? Houston shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for the best price on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance. They can either waste time calling around to compare prices or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare car insurance rates and we’ll show you the proper way to compare rates for a new or used Ford and locate the best price possible.
Astonishing but true, most consumers in Texas kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. The average driver in the U.S. could pocket nearly $850 a year, but they don’t want to spend time to find affordable insurance by shopping around.
It’s smart to shop coverage around every six months due to the fact that insurance rates go up and down regularly. Even if you got the best deal on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Houston six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to find out the only way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Houston.
Lower rate quotes on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Houston with these discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn lower auto insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Houston auto insurance online.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate allow you one accident without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Houston auto insurance quote. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Seat Belts Save – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Data Collection Discounts – Houston drivers who agree to allow data collection to monitor driving patterns by installing a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will help lower your auto insurance premiums.
To find insurers who offer free Ford Shelby GT350 insurance quotes in Texas, click here to view.
Getting cheap car insurance pricing can be quick and easy. Just take the time comparing price quotes to see which company has cheaper Houston auto insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Houston, TX. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Ford Shelby GT350 Insurance Prices Can Be Cheaper
Many different elements are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the elements that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower premium levels.
- Low deductibles cost more – Physical damage insurance, also called ‘full coverage’, covers damage that occurs to your Ford. Some examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and having your car stolen. Comp and collision deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more of the claim you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Responsible drivers pay less – Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Having just one speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have serious citations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Combining policies can get discounts – Most insurance companies afford a discount to people who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you’re getting this discount drivers will still want to get quotes from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Protect yourself with liability protection – Your policy’s liability coverage kicks in when a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Driving without insurance is not a good idea and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a license revocation or jail time.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to buying insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether you could use an agent’s help.
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Texas minimum liability coverage?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Local Houston insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision Good agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the best rates but also keep your business local. Buying from local agencies is still important in Houston.
After completing this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that provide free Houston auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Listed below is a short list of auto insurance companies in Houston willing to provide price quotes for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Houston.
- Hallmark Insurance Agency Inc
12337 Jones Rd – Houston, TX 77070 – (281) 894-8200 – View Map
- Lucrecia Jasminoy – State Farm Insurance Agent
223 Cavalcade St – Houston, TX 77009 – (713) 884-1442 – View Map
- Jim Webb – State Farm Insurance Agent
8475 Hwy 6 N Ste B – Houston, TX 77095 – (281) 550-2886 – View Map
- ProTECH Insurance Agency, Inc.
#100, 3120 SW Freeway Service Rd – Houston, TX 77098 – (713) 520-1090 – View Map
Finding a good insurer should depend on more than just a low price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
Once you have satisfactory answers to any questions you may have as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have just found a company that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles.
Three good reasons to insure your Ford vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford Shelby GT350 in Houston, paying for car insurance is required in Texas but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Shelby GT350, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Ford at a much higher rate and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Houston is wasting up to $855 a year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Compare but don’t skimp
Lower-priced car insurance in Houston can be bought both online as well as from insurance agents, so get free Houston auto insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers don’t offer price quotes online and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
We just showed you many ideas to find cheap Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Houston. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, delays in responding to claim requests, policy non-renewal and even questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new car insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Additional learning opportunities
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda Pilot in Houston? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)