Are you tired of trying to find lower-priced auto insurance rates in Houston, TX? Houston drivers have lots of choices when trying to find low-cost Ford GT insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to get rate quotes.
There are both good and bad ways to compare auto insurance rates and you need to know the quickest way to get price quotes for a Ford and locate the cheapest rates either online or from Houston insurance agents.
Unfortunately, a large majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Texas consumers could save themselves roughly 70% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switched.
These tips will instruct you on how insurance works and some tips to save money. If you have insurance now, you should be able to shop for the lowest rates using this strategy. Drivers just need to learn the most efficient way to compare rate quotes online.
Lower rate quotes by getting discounts
Some companies don’t always publicize every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden insurance savings.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying insurance on a new vehicle may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower premium rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next insurance statement.
Discounts lower rates, but most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts include:
- State Farm discounts include passive restraint, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, good student, driver’s education, and student away at school.
- GEICO includes discounts for driver training, federal employee, military active duty, seat belt use, and anti-theft.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- 21st Century has discounts for homeowners, air bags, 55 and older, student driver, and automatic seat belts.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including TimeAway discount, air bags, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, and good student.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for air bag, good student, anti-theft, bundle, and driver training.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, and good driver.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in every state. To choose insurance companies who offer discounts in Houston, click here to view.
The quickest way to compare car insurance rates for Ford GT insurance in Houston is to know most insurance companies participate in online systems to provide you with free rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is take a few minutes to give details including how much school you completed, coverage limits, how you use your vehicles, and types of safety features. Your insurance information gets transmitted to many highly-rated insurers and you will receive price estimates immediately.
To check Ford GT insurance prices now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Houston.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Houston, TX. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance can be complex
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Is my Ford GT covered for flood damage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Car insurance is available from local agents
Some consumers prefer to sit down with an agent. Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Houston.
After filling out this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Houston who will give you quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Two types of auto insurance agents
If you’re trying to find local Houston agents, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Houston can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both write policy coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand how they are different since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to check rates from independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Many can place coverage with small regional insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Houston who may provide price quotes.
- Hispanos Insurance Agency
8624 Long Point Rd – Houston, TX 77055 – (713) 827-1277 – View Map
- Ken W Taylor Insurance Agency
9405 Huffmeister Rd #110 – Houston, TX 77095 – (281) 345-2580 – View Map
- AAIGOT Insurance Agency Inc.
6633 Hillcroft St #101 – Houston, TX 77081 – (713) 270-9373 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are contracted to one company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are Houston exclusive agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- Ricky Maique – State Farm Insurance Agent
8811 Westheimer Rd #205 – Houston, TX 77063 – (713) 781-6132 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Harris County Insurance Agency
13030 Woodforest Blvd b – Houston, TX 77015 – (713) 451-5716 – View Map
- Scott McNab – State Farm Insurance Agent
1005 Waugh Dr b – Houston, TX 77019 – (713) 520-5556 – View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Texas?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
Compare insurance rates regularly to save
We just covered a lot of techniques to shop for Ford GT insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the most savings is with the least-expected company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Low-cost Ford GT insurance in Houston is definitely available from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional learning opportunities
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda Pilot in Houston? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)