Are you tired of overpaying and want lower-priced Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Houston? Searching for low-cost insurance for a new or used Ford Explorer Sport Trac in Texas can normally be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to find lower rates.
There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance so we’re going to tell you the best way to compare rates on a Ford and locate the lowest possible price either online or from Houston insurance agents.
All major auto insurance companies like State Farm and Allstate provide coverage prices on their websites. Doing online quotes for Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Houston is very simple as you simply enter your personal and coverage information into the quote form. After the form is submitted, their system sends out for your driving record and credit report and returns a price based on the information you submitted.
Using the web to get rate quotes for Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Houston makes comparing rates easy, and it’s necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find the lowest payment on auto insurance.
If you want to find out how much you can save on auto insurance, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this assures you are getting comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
|Explorer Sport Trac XLT 2WD
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited 2WD
|Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4WD
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4WD
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited AWD
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Prices based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Information does not factor in your specific Houston location which can modify coverage prices considerably.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The diagram below shows the difference between Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. The data assumes no claims or violations, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no definitive formula that is best for determining when to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Ford Explorer Sport Trac replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $600 annually for your policy with full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not drop full coverage.
Premiums by gender and age
The diagram below shows the difference between Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance prices for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Raise deductibles and save
The information below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can impact Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance prices for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Score discounts on Houston auto insurance
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but a few must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Renewal Discounts – Some auto insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current Explorer Sport Trac insurance policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Participating in a class that teaches driver safety techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- New Car Discount – Buying auto insurance coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles could be rewarded with lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
Companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-policy, good student, education and occupation, pay-in-full, multi-car, and AAA membership discount.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, homeowner, good student, business and professional, teen driver, and alternative fuel.
- GEICO may include discounts for five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, membership and employees, federal employee, and driver training.
- Esurance may offer discounts for DriveSense, anti-theft, defensive driver, online shopper, Switch & Save, homeowner, and good student.
- SAFECO has discounts for drive less, teen safe driver, homeowner, safe driver, and multi-car.
- State Farm has savings for multiple policy, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, student away at school, and multiple autos.
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with the best Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance discounts in Houston, click here to view.
Insurance is not optional in Texas
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Houston, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Explorer Sport Trac has a lien holder, most banks will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford at an extremely high rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Ford and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so shop around at every renewal to save money.
Insurance agencies can help
A lot of people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Licensed agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting neighborhood agents is especially important in Houston.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Houston who will give you quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Car insurance agents in Houston come in two varieties
When narrowing the list to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Houston agents can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can sell insurance policies, but it’s important to point out how they are different because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
When comparing insurance rates, we recommend you compare quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most can insure with smaller regional carriers which may provide better rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Houston that may be able to give you free price quotes.
- Hispanos Insurance Agency
8624 Long Point Rd – Houston, TX 77055 – (713) 827-1277 – View Map
- Duckworth Insurance Agency
3824 Broadway St – Houston, TX 77017 – (713) 645-1500 – View Map
- Texas Insurance Agency
719 Shotwell St – Houston, TX 77026 – (713) 675-2626 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent mainly due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Houston willing to provide price quote information.
- State Farm: Al Johnson
8121 Broadway St #230 – Houston, TX 77061 – (281) 481-5778 – View Map
- Anna Santa Ana – State Farm Insurance Agent
7710 Cherry Park Dr d – Houston, TX 77095 – (281) 550-0333 – View Map
- Ben Speer – State Farm Insurance Agent
1110 E NASA Pkwy Ste 300 – Houston, TX 77058 – (281) 204-8282 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agency should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Which family members are covered?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?