Paying for pricey Tesla Model S insurance in Houston can diminish your checking account and make it impossible to make ends meet.
Amazingly, over 70% of Texas drivers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and nearly half have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. American consumers could save almost $859 every year, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to find affordable auto insurance rates.
Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the definite best rate on Tesla Model S insurance in Houston.
It is always a good idea to do rate comparisons occasionally since rates are constantly changing. If you had the best rate on Tesla Model S insurance in Houston at your last renewal other companies may now be cheaper. There are a lot of ways to save on Model S insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some great ways to slash your auto insurance rates in Houston.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using these techniques. Finding the cheapest coverage in Houston is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. But Texas drivers must know the methods companies use to determine prices and take advantage of how the system works.
Keep in mind that getting more free quotes increases the chance that you will find the best price. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide Houston Model S insurance quotes online, so it’s important to also get price estimates from those companies as well.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Verify you’re receiving every discount
Car insurance is expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not even know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking a defensive driver class may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- College Student Discount – Kids living away from Houston attending college and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best car insurance rates in comparison with bad drivers.
- Employee of Federal Government – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new Model S may earn a small discount because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
Don’t be shocked that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will help lower the premium cost.
The best car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for accident-free, type of vehicle, age of vehicle, multi-car, good driver, location of vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for business and professional, homeowner, electronic funds transfer, teen driver, youthful driver, and mature driver.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for 55 and retired, driver training, multi-policy, youthful driver, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm includes discounts for student away at school, passive restraint, accident-free, safe vehicle, multiple autos, anti-theft, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Allstate may include discounts for resident student, anti-lock brakes, passive restraint, early signing, and anti-theft.
- GEICO offers discounts including federal employee, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, good student, multi-vehicle, and anti-theft.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in Houston. To locate companies offering car insurance discounts in Texas, click this link.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Prices
When buying insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that are used to determine your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in cheaper rates. Lots of things are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
The items below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate prices.
- Your occupation is a factor – Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like military generals, architects and emergency personnel generally have the highest rates in part from high stress levels and long work days. Conversely, occupations like professors, athletes and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
- Avoid traffic tickets – Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Having just one speeding ticket or other violation can increase the cost of insurance substantially. Attentive drivers get better prices compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers with dangerous tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Lower premiums with alarm systems – Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Proper usage rating affects rates – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies charge rates based upon how much you drive. Cars that sit idle most of the time receive better premium rates compared to those used for work or business. Incorrect rating for your Model S is throwing money out the window. Make sure your policy states the correct driver usage.
- Low coverage deductibles can be expensive – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your Tesla. A few examples of covered claims could be collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, or theft. Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- Where you live plays a part – Residing in less populated areas of the country is a good thing when it comes to insurance. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to lower liability claims City drivers have to deal with more traffic problems and more time behind the wheel. More time commuting means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Tesla Model S insurance loss probability – Companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that the data shows to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for coverage. The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Tesla Model S vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Values under 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage values above 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Tesla Model S Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Tesla Model S 4dr Electric 2WD 324 116 208 39 46 104 Tesla Model S 4dr Electric 4WD 333
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local Houston insurance agencies
A lot of people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find lower premium rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give you bids to get your business. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- How are claims handled?
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When searching for a reliable insurance agency, you should know the types of agencies and how they work. Agents can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Houston willing to provide price quote information.
Allstate Insurance: Harris County Insurance Agency
13030 Woodforest Blvd b – Houston, TX 77015 – (713) 451-5716 – View Map
Independent agencies do not write with just one company so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you need lower rates, you need to include rate quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Houston willing to provide price quotes.
Cheaper car insurance premiums are out there
Low-cost Tesla Model S insurance in Houston can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Houston, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- How Much are Houston Car Insurance Rates for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much is Houston Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Car Insurance Quotes for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Houston Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Traverse? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Houston? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)