Want low-cost Saturn Ion insurance in Houston? Paying for pricey Saturn Ion insurance in Houston can take a big chunk out of your budget and force you to cut corners elsewhere.
A recent survey discovered that about 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and almost half have never compared rates from other carriers. The average driver in Texas could save as much as $1,770 each year just by shopping around, but they underestimate the big savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
There is such a variety of insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, more choices can make it harder to find the lowest cost provider for Saturn Ion insurance in Houston.
Smart consumers take time to get comparison quotes at least once a year because prices are constantly changing. If you had the best rates on Saturn Ion insurance in Houston a year ago there may be better deals available now. You can find a lot of wrong information about Ion insurance online, but I’m going to show you the easiest ways to save money.
Save money on Saturn Ion insurance in Houston with these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize all their discounts very clearly, so the list below details both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for reduced rates.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable companies to study driving patterns by installing a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual will forgive one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
To locate providers with discount car insurance rates in Texas, click here.
Low cost Saturn Ion insurance prices in Houston, TX
To get low cost Houston car insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to compare prices from all the different companies. The quickest method to find competitive Saturn Ion insurance rates is to get quotes online.
It’s so easy to compare rates online that it makes it a waste of time to make phone calls or go to each insurance agency near you. Comparing Saturn Ion insurance rate quotes online has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the professional abilities only provided by licensed agents. Although, it is possible comparison shop your insurance online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
When price shopping your coverage, getting more free quotes helps improve the odds of finding more affordable insurance.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
How Insurers Calculate Saturn Ion Insurance Premiums
It’s important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine your premiums. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower auto insurance prices. Lots of factors are used when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but some are more obscure such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
The items below are some of the major factors that factor into premiums.
- Where you live can affect premiums – Choosing to live in less populated areas has it’s advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have traffic congestion and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Cheaper rates with high comp and collision deductibles – Comp and collision deductibles are the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a stationary object, collision with a deer, and damage from wind. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Marriage discount – Being married actually saves money on your auto insurance bill. Marriage translates into being more financially stable and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Know your vehicle’s NHTSA crash test rating – Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums.
Exclusive versus independent car insurance agents
Many people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to companies in Houston who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to drive around because prices are sent directly to your email. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding a good insurer is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How long has their agency been in business in Houston?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Does the agent help file claims?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Houston for you
If you would like to find a reliable agent, there are two different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. They receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Houston that can give you price quote information.
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you include multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Houston that are able to give price quote information.
Protect more than your Saturn Ion
Despite the high insurance cost for a Saturn Ion in Houston, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Saturn has a loan, most banks will force you to have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Saturn at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Saturn and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $810 a year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Smart consumers save more
More affordable insurance in Houston is possible online and with local Houston insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies don’t offer rates over the internet and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
When searching for affordable Houston car insurance quotes, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a GMC Sierra in Houston? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)