Saving money on Dodge Viper insurance in Houston can seem to be challenging for beginners to quoting and comparing prices online. Drivers have so many options that it can easily become a challenge to find more affordable rates on Dodge Viper insurance.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never shopped around. Consumers in Texas could save an average of nearly $1,800 each year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue the actual amount they would save if they just switched companies.
Insurance discounts are available to lower rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but companies offer discounts to reduce the price significantly. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but some must be specifically requested in order for you to get them. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
- Houston Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy a life policy as well.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds who allow driving data submission to analyze when and where they use their vehicle remotely like Allstate’s Drivewise may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Good Student – Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Multiple Cars – Buying a policy with all your vehicles on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include business and professional, switch companies, alternative fuel, multi-car, homeowner, distant student, and pay in full.
- Esurance offers discounts including paid-in-full, claim free, defensive driver, DriveSense, anti-theft, and online quote.
- State Farm offers discounts for driver’s education, anti-theft, good driver, safe vehicle, good student, student away at school, and multiple autos.
- GEICO may include discounts for federal employee, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, good student, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, and multi-policy.
- Allstate may offer discounts for 55 and retired, defensive driver, good payer, premier discount, and EZ pay plan discount.
When getting free Houston car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in Houston. To find insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Houston, click here.
To find low cost Houston car insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare quotes from many available auto insurance companies in Texas. The easiest way by far to comparison shop is simply to get online rate quotes.
Keep in mind that more quotes increases the chance that you will find better pricing. Some smaller insurers do not give online price quotes, so it’s important to compare price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Texas. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Coupe||$474||$1026||$392||$24||$118||$2,034||$170|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Roadster||$558||$1504||$496||$30||$148||$2,736||$228|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in specific zip code location which can alter premiums noticeably.
The chart below illustrates how your deductible choice and can raise or lower Dodge Viper insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The premiums assume a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Lower Your Houston Insurance Rates
Many different elements are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although others are less obvious such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
- Teenagers vs. older drivers – Older drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.Teenage drivers are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted when driving so they pay higher insurance rates.
- Accidents cost more than a fine – Your driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Having just one citation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who get severe violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Safer vehicles save money – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce occupant injuries and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Bundle policies and save – Most larger insurance companies will award a discount to clients who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you’re getting this discount drivers will still want to compare other Houston Viper insurance rates to help guarantee you have the best rates. It’s possible to still find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
- Where you reside is a factor – Residing in less populated areas of the country has definite advantages when talking about insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and more time behind the wheel. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Dodge Viper statistical loss data – Insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to calculate a price that will offset losses. Vehicles that tend to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more to insure. The next table illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Dodge Viper vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Numbers under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are 100 or greater point to more losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Dodge Viper Insurance Claim Statistics
Specific Dodge Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Viper 2dr 147
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions might point out whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Does my Dodge Viper qualify for pleasure use?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What is PIP insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Are car insurance agents a thing of the past?
A lot of people just want to get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Houston.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to participating agents in Houston who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to compare prices from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Best car insurance agent in Houston
When looking for a local agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they function. Agents in Houston can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, you should always compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most also write with less well-known companies which may have better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Houston who may be able to give you price quotes.
- Baxter Insurance Agency, Inc.
450 North Sam Houston Pkwy E #103 – Houston, TX 77060 – (281) 445-1381 – View Map
- ProTECH Insurance Agency, Inc.
#100, 3120 SW Freeway Service Rd – Houston, TX 77098 – (713) 520-1090 – View Map
- Suzanne Brown Agency-Insurance
11999 Katy Fwy #635 – Houston, TX 77079 – (281) 558-2210 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Houston who can help you get price quote information.
- Jim Webb – State Farm Insurance Agent
8475 Hwy 6 N Ste B – Houston, TX 77095 – (281) 550-2886 – View Map
- Donald Malveaux – State Farm Insurance Agent
12001 Richmond Ave #6 – Houston, TX 77082 – (281) 679-7155 – View Map
- Joy Knox State Farm Insurance Agency
1510 Eldridge Pkwy #108 – Houston, TX 77077 – (281) 759-4300 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
Car insurance just makes sense
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Houston, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Dodge Viper has a loan, most lenders will stipulate that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Dodge for a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Dodge Viper but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Dodge gets damaged, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Viper greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $750 every year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to save money.
Do the work, save more money
More affordable auto insurance in Houston is available from both online companies in addition to many Houston insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies don’t offer online quoting and these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agencies.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, policy cancellation, denial of a claim or even being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
You just learned some good ideas how you can find lower-cost Dodge Viper insurance in Houston. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
To learn more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Car Insurance Quotes for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)