Would you like to stop wasting money and find more competitive Fiat 500 insurance in Houston? Paying for pricey Fiat 500 insurance in Houston can drain your budget and force you to tighten up your finances. Comparing price quotes is a great way to lower your bills every month.
Sad but true, over 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and almost half have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Texas drivers could save $1,800 every year, but they just don’t understand how much money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Due to the increasing number of choices for buying cheaper insurance for a Fiat 500 in Houston, it can be hard to find the most cost effective insurance company.
You should take the time to shop coverage around yearly due to the fact that insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the best deal on Fiat 500 insurance in Houston two years ago you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I’m going to teach you the fastest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
How to find low cost Fiat 500 insurance in Houston, Texas
Most larger insurance companies allow you to get coverage price quotes directly from their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Fiat 500 insurance in Houston is quite easy as you simply type in your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. When complete, the quote system gets information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price based on many factors. Being able to quote online for Fiat 500 insurance in Houston makes comparing rates easy, and it’s absolutely necessary to do this in order to find cheaper rates.
In order to use this form to compare rates, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you type in the coverage information identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will receive comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
The following companies offer price quotes in Houston, TX. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Buying the right vehicle insurance in Texas is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Fiat 500 insurance, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Fiat for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Fiat 500. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America overpays more than $865 each year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Smaller companies may have the best rates
State Farm, GEICO and Progressive seem to constantly run television, radio, and online ads. All the ads advertise claims about savings just by moving your policy. How is it plausible that every one can give you a lower rate on Fiat 500 insurance in Houston? You have to listen carefully.
Different companies give the cheapest rates for the type of driver that will generate a profit. One example of a desirable insured may be a mature driver, owns their home, and has a short commute. Anyone who matches that profile is entitled to the best price and will probably save money with a new company.
Potential customers who don’t meet these standards will have to pay a more expensive rate and ends up with the customer not purchasing. The trick is to say “drivers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do. Because of this risk profiling, you should compare rate quotes every year. Because you cannot predict the company that will have the best Fiat 500 insurance in Houston.
Affordable Houston insurance rates with discounts
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but you may qualify for discounts to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Defensive Driver – Participating in a class that teaches defensive driver techniques can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Organization Discounts – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Houston is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Houston car insurance quote.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Online Discount – Certain insurance companies give back up to $50 for completing your application over the internet.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Large insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- State Farm may include discounts for good student, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, driver’s education, and student away at school.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for exclusive group savings, new graduate, preferred payment discount, newly retired, newly married, multi-car, and safety features.
- American Family may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, good student, TimeAway discount, accident-free, good driver, and early bird.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for good student, alternative fuel, switch companies, mature driver, and business and professional.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include paid in full, good student, air bags, safe vehicle, paperless, teen driver, and company car.
- SAFECO has discounts for safe driver, anti-theft, drive less, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, and teen safe driver.
When quoting, ask each company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in every state. If you would like to view providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Texas, click here.
Local Houston insurance agents
A small number of people still like to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! One of the benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to you. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to compare prices from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider requires more thought than just the premium amount. Any agent in Houston should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Texas?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
If you want to buy car insurance from a local agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agencies can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
The following are exclusive agencies in Houston that can give you price quote information.
Independent agents are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent. If you are comparing car insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below are Houston independent agents willing to provide rate quotes.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Is my Fiat 500 covered for flood damage?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
One last note
We covered a lot of information how to shop for Fiat 500 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Fiat 500 insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. They often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
Affordable Fiat 500 insurance in Houston can be sourced from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Houston, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide online rate quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much is Houston Auto Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)