I can’t think of anyone who likes having to buy car insurance, particularly when they are paying too much.
Amazingly, almost 70% of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Houston drivers could save $1,766 a year by just shopping around, but they think it’s difficult to shop around. Companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO constantly blast consumers with ads and it is difficult to see past the corporate glitz and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
You need to get comparison quotes before your next renewal since prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the best rates on Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Houston six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. There is a lot of bad advice regarding 124 Spider insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn a lot of great tips on how to lower your car insurance premiums.
Companies offering Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Texas
The auto insurance companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Houston, TX. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Don’t overlook these Fiat 124 Spider insurance discounts
Companies do not list every possible discount very clearly, so the next list breaks down some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger online companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching to them prior to your current 124 Spider insurance policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on 124 Spider insurance in Houston.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Fiat could qualify for substantially lower insurance rates.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Houston auto insurance depending on your company.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works. But any discount will lower your premiums.
The best insurance companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- American Family discounts include accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, TimeAway discount, and mySafetyValet.
- Nationwide may include discounts for family plan, good student, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, business or organization, easy pay, and multi-policy.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including claim-free, good driver, multi-policy, good student, and accident-free.
- 21st Century has discounts for good student, teen driver, theft prevention, air bags, 55 and older, and student driver.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for homeowner, youthful driver, switch companies, business and professional, multi-car, electronic funds transfer, and good student.
- Allstate offers discounts including good payer, passive restraint, auto/life discount, eSmart discount, teenSMART discount, resident student, and premier discount.
When getting free Houston auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company how you can save money. Discounts might not apply in Houston. To locate insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Texas, click here.
Fiat 124 Spider Insurance Costs Can Be Cheaper
Many things are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other criteria are more obscure such as your credit history or your financial responsibility. Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that help calculate the price you pay for auto insurance. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get big savings.
Fewer miles means better prices – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. Most companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that have low annual miles receive better premium rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet is rated on the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. Incorrect rating for your 124 Spider is just wasting money.
Cars with good safety ratings save money – Safe vehicles can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates.
Insure car and home with the same company – Many auto insurance companies provide a discount to clients that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s always a smart idea to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Youthful drivers cost more – More experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.Beginning drivers tend to be easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
Maintain auto insurance coverage – Driving any period of time without insurance can get your license suspended and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage may earn you fines or a revoked license. You may then have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Texas DMV.
Cheaper premiums using alarms and GPS tracking – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop auto theft.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Houston?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Car insurance quotes from neighborhood Houston auto insurance agents
Some people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the quote information is emailed to agents in your area that provide free Houston auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t need to do any legwork because prices are sent to your email. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Houston?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
Shown below are agents in Houston that may be able to provide price quote information for Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Houston.
Texas drivers get pounded daily by advertisements that claim the cheapest auto insurance rates by companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the ads tend to make the same promise of big savings if you just switch your coverage.
How is it possible that every company can save you money on Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Houston? This is the way they can do it.
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the type of insured that will not have excessive claims. For instance, a driver they prefer might have to be over the age of 40, has a clear driving record, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A propective insured that fits those parameters will most likely get cheap prices as well as save quite a bit of money when switching.
Insureds who don’t meet this stringent profile will probably be forced to pay higher prices which translates to the customer not buying. The ads state “people who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” can save as much as they claim. This is how companies can make claims that they all have the best rates. Because every company is different, you really should quote coverage with many companies. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which company will have the best prices at this point in time.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to reduce Fiat 124 Spider insurance auto insurance rates online in Houston. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest auto insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, questionable increases in premium, policy non-renewal and even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new car insurance company can be easier than you think.
When searching for the cheapest Fiat 124 Spider rate quotes, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much is Houston Auto Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Postal Workers in Houston? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in Houston? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)