Would you like to stop wasting money and find low-cost Dodge Magnum insurance in Houston? Finding cheap Dodge Magnum insurance in Houston is challenging for beginners to online insurance quotes. You have so many options that it can easily become a real challenge to find the perfect company for you.
Unbelievable but true, most auto insurance buyers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Houston drivers could save themselves as much as $1,770 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
It’s a good idea to take a look at other company’s rates before your policy renews because auto insurance prices go up and down regularly. Even if you got the best deal on Dodge Magnum insurance in Houston a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the things you must know in order to find lower rates on auto insurance.
This article’s intent is to help educate you on the best way to quote coverages and some tricks to saving. If you are insured now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the tips covered below. Nevertheless, Texas consumers must understand the way companies market insurance on the web because rates fluctuate considerably.
The most recommended method to compare insurance rates in your area is to understand auto insurance companies have advanced systems to provide you with free rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like coverage limits, driver details, if you are currently licensed, and if the car is leased. Those rating factors is submitted instantly to multiple top-rated companies and they return rate quotes immediately.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your car now, click here then complete the form.
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need car insurance
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Magnum, almost every bank will have a requirement that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves your Dodge and your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $810 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Prices
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the factors that go into determining your car insurance rates. If you understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
The following are some of the major factors that factor into your premiums.
- Responsible drivers pay less – Being a careful driver influences premium rates substantially. Attentive drivers get better rates as compared to careless drivers. Even a single speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. People who have dangerous violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Save money by raising deductibles – Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of covered claims would be a windshield shattered by a rock, flood damage, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles you choose define how much you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The larger the amount you have to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- How much liability do you need? – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage is the protection in the event that you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Policy add-ons add up – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time if you don’t pay attention. Things like rental car coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Use one insurance company and save – Lots of companies allow discounts to insureds who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you still need to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most.There is a chance you can find better rates by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Infrequent drivers can save – The more you drive every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers charge rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Magnum can cost quite a bit. It’s always a good idea to double check that your policy properly reflects the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
- Insurance is expensive for teen drivers – Inexperience drivers have a tendency to be more careless when behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. Having to add a teen driver onto a policy can increase premiums substantially. Older drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
- Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If your Dodge Magnum scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may pay a lower rate.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some discounts will apply when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Student Discounts – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home in Houston can help you save on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer most of the discounts above include:
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in every state. To find auto insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Houston, click here to view.
Shop online but buy locally
Some consumers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is especially important in Houston.
By using this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you want to use a good insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies from which to choose. Auto insurance agencies are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not sell for just one brand so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to include price quotes from independent agents to get the best comparison. Most can insure with lesser-known insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Houston that can give you cheap rate quotes.
- AAIGOT Insurance Agency Inc.
6633 Hillcroft St #101 – Houston, TX 77081 – (713) 270-9373 – View Map
- Duckworth Insurance Agency
3824 Broadway St – Houston, TX 77017 – (713) 645-1500 – View Map
- R.Y.A. Insurance Agency, Inc.
12155 Jones Rd #300 – Houston, TX 77070 – (281) 469-6286 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Houston who can help you get price quote information.
- Tammy Pham – State Farm Insurance Agent
13618 Bellaire Blvd, Ste E5 – Houston, TX 77083 – (281) 498-6800 – View Map
- State Farm: Al Johnson
8121 Broadway St #230 – Houston, TX 77061 – (281) 481-5778 – View Map
- Anna Santa Ana – State Farm Insurance Agent
7710 Cherry Park Dr d – Houston, TX 77095 – (281) 550-0333 – View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
In the end, you can save money
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium or not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
You just read a lot of techniques to compare Dodge Magnum insurance car insurance rates in Houston. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small local company.
When getting Houston auto insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Houston? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)