Comparing and finding more affordable premium rates for Subaru BRZ insurance in Houston can be kind of frustrating for beginners to online rate comparisons. Drivers have so many companies to choose from that it can easily be a burden to find cheaper Subaru BRZ insurance rates.
A recent insurance study revealed that over 70% of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for four years or more, and almost half have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Most drivers in Texas could save as much as 70% each year just by shopping around, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rate quotes.
It’s a good habit to compare premium rates at least once a year because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you found the best rates on Subaru BRZ insurance in Houston a year ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. You can find a lot of wrong information about BRZ insurance out there, but you can learn the easiest ways to stop overpaying for insurance in Houston.
Affordable companies for Subaru BRZ insurance
The car insurance companies shown below provide price comparisons in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
How You Can Control Subaru BRZ Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but others are not as apparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
The itemized list below are some of the most common factors used by your company to calculate your premiums.
- Optional features impact prices – Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- When should you not file a policy claims? – Insurance companies in Texas provide the lowest premiums to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- City traffic equals higher prices – Choosing to live in areas with lower population can save you money when talking about car insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Residents of big cities regularly have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. More time behind the wheel statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Cheaper rates by bundling – Lots of insurers afford better rates to buyers that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.There is a chance you can find a better deal by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Drive a fast vehicle and pay more – The performance level of the car you need to insure makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest premiums are for smaller low performance passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors. Due to the fact that the Subaru BRZ falls in the sport coupe class, insuring your vehicle will cost much more compared to average rates in Houston.
- Males pay higher rates – The statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women cause fender benders in similar numbers, but men tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Young men ages 16 to 20 tend to get in the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
- Insurance loss probability for a Subaru BRZ – Companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that historically have increased claim numbers or amounts will have a higher premium rate.
The table below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Subaru BRZ vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is a value of 100. Numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Subaru BRZ Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru BRZ 156 78 150 87 88 76
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Affordable Subaru BRZ insurance rates in Houston
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to monitor driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you combine your auto and home insurance and insure them with the same company you could save up to 20% and get you affordable Subaru BRZ insurance rates in Houston.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Senior Discount – Seniors could receive a slight reduction on a Houston car insurance quote.
- Own a Home – Just owning your own home can save you money because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Paperless Signup – Many larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on their website.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best insurance rates as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
If you would like to view companies with the best Subaru BRZ insurance discounts in Houston in Texas, click this link.
Shop online but buy locally
A lot of people still like to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area that can provide free Houston car insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an provider needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
When finding a good Houston insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures that you can select. Insurance agencies in Houston are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Houston willing to provide comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Al Johnson
8121 Broadway St #230 – Houston, TX 77061 – (281) 481-5778 – View Map
- Felicia Boudreaux – State Farm Insurance Agent
14901 TX-249 #105 – Houston, TX 77086 – (713) 464-2077 – View Map
- Ben Speer – State Farm Insurance Agent
1110 E NASA Pkwy Ste 300 – Houston, TX 77058 – (281) 204-8282 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent do not sell for just one brand so they can quote policies amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing insurance rates, it’s a good idea to get rate quotes from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. A lot of them also have access to small mutual carriers which could offer lower prices.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Houston who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Ken W Taylor Insurance Agency
9405 Huffmeister Rd #110 – Houston, TX 77095 – (281) 345-2580 – View Map
- Hispanos Insurance Agency
8624 Long Point Rd – Houston, TX 77055 – (713) 827-1277 – View Map
- R.Y.A. Insurance Agency, Inc.
12155 Jones Rd #300 – Houston, TX 77070 – (281) 469-6286 – View Map
Ads can be misleading
Insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO constantly bombard you with television and radio advertisements. All the companies make an identical promise about how much you will save if you move to their company. How is it possible that every company can charge you a lower premium? It’s all in how they say it.
Most companies have specific guidelines for the type of customer that makes them money. One example of a desirable risk may be over the age of 40, has a clear driving record, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Any customer who meets those qualifications will get very good Houston rates as well as save a lot of money.
People who cannot meet the ideal profile may be required to pay a more expensive rate which results in business not being written. If you pay attention, the ads say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much when switching. That is how insurance companies can make the claims of big savings. This really illustrates why you need to do a rate comparison at every renewal. It is impossible to guess which insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
There’s no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- What is the minimum liability in Texas?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Be persistent and save
As you quote Houston car insurance, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, denial of a claim, unfair underwriting practices and even high prices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Cheaper insurance in Houston can be found from both online companies and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not have internet price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda Pilot in Houston? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)