Are you sick and tired of scraping nickels together to pay high car insurance rates every month? You are in the same boat as the majority of other people in Texas.
Sad but true, the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Many consumers in Texas can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the benefits if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
You have multiple insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, it can be more challenging to locate the cheapest rates for Nissan Xterra insurance in Houston.
Houston car insurance discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts will apply when you purchase, but a few must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Home Ownership Discount – Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Houston auto insurance with some car insurance companies.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers could receive a slight reduction on a Houston auto insurance quote.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies will give a small break for buying your policy digitally online.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
For a list of insurance companies with the best discounts in Houston, follow this link.
When shopping for Nissan Xterra insurance in Houston there are multiple ways to get quotes from companies that offer car insurance in Texas. The best method to find affordable Nissan Xterra insurance rates consists of shopping online.
Comparison shopping quotes online is easy and it replaces the need to drive around to insurance agencies in your area. The ability to quote Nissan Xterra insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you prefer the professional guidance that only an agent can give. Although you can comparison shop online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
Just keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area increases the chance that you will find a better price.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Houston, TX. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Xterra X 2WD||$286||$382||$382||$22||$114||$1,186||$99|
|Xterra S 2WD||$162||$218||$366||$22||$110||$878||$73|
|Xterra S 4WD||$200||$290||$496||$30||$148||$1,164||$97|
|Xterra X 4WD||$220||$312||$430||$26||$128||$1,116||$93|
|Xterra Off Road 4WD||$298||$448||$392||$24||$118||$1,280||$107|
|Xterra SE 2WD||$186||$280||$366||$22||$110||$964||$80|
|Xterra SE 4WD||$254||$400||$430||$26||$128||$1,238||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in Houston location which can change price quotes substantially.
Auto insurance rates based on gender
The chart below illustrates the difference between Nissan Xterra car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Drive safe and save
The diagram below shows how violations and at-fault fender-benders drive up Nissan Xterra annual premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The premiums are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The information below illustrates how your deductible choice and can change Nissan Xterra premium costs for each different age group. The data is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Four Tips to Get Cheap Houston Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, although others are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
- Low credit rating equals high premiums – Having a good credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. Therefore, if your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Nissan Xterra by improving your credit score. People that have good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit scores.
- Getting married reduces risk – Walking down the aisle can actually save you money on your policy. Marriage means you’re more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Cars with good safety ratings are cheaper to insure – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety protect occupants better and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Teen driver insurance premiums – Teen drivers in Texas have been known to be less responsible in a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a first-time driver onto a policy can be quite pricey. Older drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.
- Nissan Xterra insurance loss probability – Insurance companies factor in insurance loss information in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that are shown to have higher loss trends will have higher premium rates. The table below illustrates the historical loss data for Nissan Xterra vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Nissan Xterra Vehicles
Specific Nissan Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Xterra 4dr 2WD 57 95 45 Nissan Xterra 4dr 4WD 62 100 63 59 77 86
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
When it comes to choosing a policy, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your auto insurance should unique, too. For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- What happens if I owe more than my Nissan Xterra is worth?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- How high should deductibles be on a Nissan Xterra?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
When to have guidance from an insurance agent
Some people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is still important in Houston.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Houston should have no problem answering these questions:
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Where are claims handled?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
Upon getting acceptable answers and an acceptable price quote, you’ve probably found an insurance company that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles.
Auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Nissan has a lien holder, most banks will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Nissan at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $825 a year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Smart consumers save more
You just read quite a bit of information on how to find affordable Nissan Xterra insurance in Houston. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Houston auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
Cost effective Nissan Xterra insurance is available online and also from your neighborhood Houston agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers work with local independent agencies.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Houston, TX? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Car Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Nurses in Houston? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Houston? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)