How many times have you told yourself it’s time to shop around for low-cost Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Houston? Buying lower-cost Houston Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance quotes online can seem to be rather challenging for people who are beginners to quoting and price shopping online. With so many agents and companies competing online, how are we expected to efficiently compare every auto insurance company to find the best available price?
Statistics show that a large majority of drivers in Texas have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Drivers in the United States could save an average of approximately $860 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t know the rate savings if they just switched companies.
You should make it a habit to take a look at other company’s rates on a regular basis because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the best deal on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Houston six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. There is a lot of wrong information about SLS AMG insurance out there, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some solid techniques on how to quit paying high auto insurance rates in Houston.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Houston can initially seem challenging. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to get lower rates using the tips covered below. But Texas vehicle owners do need to know the methods companies use to compete online and apply this information to your search.
Compare Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance rates
When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing a large number of companies will improve the odds of getting more affordable insurance. Not every company provides price estimates online, so it’s recommended that you also compare prices on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies in the list below provide quotes in Texas. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Insurance is not optional in Texas
Even though Houston SLS AMG insurance rates can get expensive, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your SLS AMG, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Mercedes-Benz at a much higher rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves your car and your assets. It will also pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to save money.
Save Money with These Tips
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that could result in big savings.
The items below are most of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
- Is you employer costing you more? – Occupational choices like real estate brokers, police officers, and emergency personnel generally have the highest average rates attributed to job stress and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, careers such as farmers, athletes and performers receive lower rates.
- More people means more accidents – Living in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when it comes to auto insurance. People in densely populated areas regularly have more road rage incidents and more severe claims. Less people translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Traffic violations increase costs – Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Even one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. People who have careless tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions might be required by their state to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- Gender and auto insurance rates – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. They both are in fender benders at a similar rate, but the men get into accidents with more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 are several times more likely to be in an accident and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
Score discounts to get cheaper Houston auto insurance quotes
Some insurers don’t always advertise the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden auto insurance savings.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies offer discounts for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Mercedes-Benz can earn lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
Don’t be shocked that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are:
- State Farm discounts include good student, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- American Family has savings for Steer into Savings, air bags, defensive driver, accident-free, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, and good driver.
- AAA has discounts for AAA membership discount, multi-car, good student, multi-policy, and pay-in-full.
- GEICO offers discounts including membership and employees, military active duty, federal employee, driver training, and daytime running lights.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for good driver, multi-car, professional/association, age of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, and ease of repair.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for business and professional, early shopping, homeowner, bundle discounts, switch companies, and mature driver.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in Houston. To view companies who offer cheap Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance quotes in Houston, follow this link.
There’s no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Texas?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Shop online but buy locally
Certain consumers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower rates and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Houston who will return price quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You’ll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing a provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Texas?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Is the quote a firm price?
The difference between Houston car insurance agents
When finding a reputable agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Houston agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Houston willing to provide price quote information.
- Bob Goodwin – State Farm Insurance Agent
1616 Clear Lake City Blvd #107 – Houston, TX 77062 – (281) 486-9100 – View Map
- Lucrecia Jasminoy – State Farm Insurance Agent
223 Cavalcade St – Houston, TX 77009 – (713) 884-1442 – View Map
- Ben Speer – State Farm Insurance Agent
1110 E NASA Pkwy Ste 300 – Houston, TX 77058 – (281) 204-8282 – View Map
Agents of this type are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also write with smaller companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Houston who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Texas Insurance Agency
719 Shotwell St – Houston, TX 77026 – (713) 675-2626 – View Map
- Texas Prime Insurance Agency, LLC
6750 West Loop S #430 – Bellaire, TX 77401 – (713) 750-9000 – View Map
- Hispano’s Insurance Agency
5420 Chimney Rock Rd – Houston, TX 77081 – (832) 778-8600 – View Map
Cover all your bases
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to save on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Houston. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Houston auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
There are still a few companies who may not provide internet price quotes and usually these smaller companies only sell through independent agents. Cheap Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Houston can be purchased on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, someone sacrificed collision coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
Even more information can be read in the articles below:
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- How Much is Houston Auto Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado in Houston? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)