Would you like to buy the cheapest Lincoln MKS insurance in Houston? Locating low-cost insurance for your Lincoln MKS in Texas can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our insurance buying tips to make it easier.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance so you’re going to learn the best way to compare rates for your Lincoln and find the lowest price.
Unthinkable but true, the vast majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. With the average insurance premium being $2,679, Texas drivers could pocket nearly 70% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare other rate quotes.
Consumers need to compare prices at least once a year because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the best deal on Lincoln MKS insurance in Houston six months ago there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re going to learn the best methods to save on insurance.
How to shop Lincoln MKS insurance online
Finding cheap Houston car insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. You just have to spend a few minutes on the computer to compare rate quotes from some recommended companies.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Texas. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKS AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$258||$532||$340||$20||$102||$1,252||$104|
|MKS 4-Dr Sedan||$336||$620||$334||$20||$100||$1,410||$118|
|MKS Ecoboost AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$400||$876||$392||$24||$118||$1,810||$151|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in specific garaging location which can affect rates greatly.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The illustration below shows the comparison of Lincoln MKS insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula for phasing out physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Lincoln MKS settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying more than $400 annually for your policy with full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
Annual premiums for males versus females
The information below compares Lincoln MKS yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
How high should deductibles be?
The diagram below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can impact Lincoln MKS premium costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a married female driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Three good reasons to insure your MKS
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Lincoln MKS in Houston, paying for car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lincoln MKS has a lien holder, almost every bank will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Lincoln at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your Lincoln MKS and your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver is wasting up to $850 per year so shop around every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Four factors that influence insurance rates
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that could result in lower rates.
The itemized list below are some of the factors used by insurance companies to determine rates.
Rates can be impacted by your employer – Jobs such as military generals, architects and dentists tend to pay higher rates than the rest of us due to intense work requirements and long work days. Conversely, professions such as actors, students and homemakers pay the least.
Coverage lapses lead to higher auto insurance rates – Driving with no insurance can get your license suspended and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance expire. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a revoked license or a big fine.
Bundle policies and save – Most major insurance companies allow a discount to buyers that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. Even though this discount sounds good, drivers will still want to shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Don’t cut corners with liability protection – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage is the protection when you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Lincoln MKS insurance loss statistics – Insurance companies analyze past claim statistics to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that statistically have increased claim numbers or amounts will have increased rates.
The next table shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Lincoln MKS vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is equal to 100. Values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have higher losses.
Lincoln MKS Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lincoln MKS 4dr 2WD||121||90||140||78||103|
|Lincoln MKS 4dr 4WD||135||89||204||89|
|Lincoln MKS Ecoboost 4dr 4WD||139||93||153||87|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts can help lower rates on Lincoln MKS insurance in Houston
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the list below details some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous auto insurance savings. If you don’t get every credit available, you are just wasting money.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used MKS can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers may be able to get a slight reduction on a Houston car insurance quote.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Larger auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts including anti-theft, driver’s education, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, good student, and passive restraint.
- Nationwide has savings for anti-theft, multi-policy, defensive driving, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, and good student.
- GEICO may offer discounts for federal employee, military active duty, good student, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, and daytime running lights.
- AAA offers discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, good student, pay-in-full, and multi-car.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include student driver, good student, driver training, air bags, early bird, automatic seat belts, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford has discounts for anti-theft, air bag, good student, bundle, defensive driver, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
Check with every prospective company how you can save money. Savings may not apply to policyholders in Houston. To choose insurers who offer online Lincoln MKS insurance quotes in Texas, follow this link.
Compare prices but still have a neighborhood Houston auto insurance agent
Many people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. The best thing about price shopping on the web is you can get the best rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Houston.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance data is sent to insurance agents in Houston that can provide free Houston car insurance quotes for your business. You don’t have to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Shown below are agents in Houston that are able to give rate quotes for Lincoln MKS insurance in Houston.
- AAIGOT Insurance Agency Inc.
6633 Hillcroft St #101 – Houston, TX 77081 – (713) 270-9373 – View Map
- Texas Insurance
210 W Greens Rd # B – Houston, TX 77067 – (281) 872-6100 – View Map
- Noveri Insurance Agency
2657 Gessner Rd – Houston, TX 77080 – (713) 460-9400 – View Map
- Allrisc Insurance Agency
6918 Corporate Dr – Houston, TX 77036 – (713) 771-6000 – View Map
Finding the right provider requires more thought than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How are they compensated?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Are they full-time agents?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
After talking to the agent and getting positive feedback to these questions as well as low cost Lincoln MKS insurance quotes, it’s possible that you found a company that is reliable enough to properly service your auto insurance policy. Just understand that you are entitled to cancel your policy at any point so don’t feel you are locked into any specific company indefinitely.
Cheap coverage is out there
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, questionable increases in premium, being labeled a high risk driver and delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right car insurance provider is less work than it seems.
While you’re price shopping online, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
There are still a few companies who may not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agencies. The cheapest Lincoln MKS insurance in Houston can be bought from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Additional information can be found on the following sites:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Houston Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Car Insurance Quotes for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Houston? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)