Do you want the cheapest car insurance rates in Houston, TX? Houston buyers have many options when searching for the best price on Lexus LS 600h L insurance. You can either spend your time calling around to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are both good and bad ways to find car insurance online so we’re going to tell you the proper way to compare rates for a new or used Lexus and obtain the lowest possible price either online or from Houston insurance agents.
You need to get comparison quotes yearly due to the fact that insurance prices change frequently. Even if you got the lowest price on Lexus LS 600h L insurance in Houston on your last policy a different company probably has better rates today. You can find a lot of wrong information about LS 600h L insurance out there, but I’m going to show you a lot of great tips on how to find affordable car insurance in Houston.
If you have coverage now or just want to save money, use these cost-cutting techniques to find the best rates while maintaining coverages. The goal of this article is to instruct you on the most effective ways to compare rates and some money-saving tips. Drivers just need to know the fastest way to find the lowest price from many different companies online.
Shop Lexus LS 600h L insurance online
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Slash rates with these nine price cutting discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise the entire discount list very clearly, so the following list contains some of the more common and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Houston auto insurance online.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new LS 600h L can be considerably cheaper because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Good Grades Discount – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for several vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner can help you save on insurance because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies give discounts for switching companies before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Large insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO has discounts for drive less, teen safe driver, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and homeowner.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, air bags, early bird, accident-free, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, and Steer into Savings.
- MetLife offers discounts for claim-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, good driver, accident-free, good student
- GEICO may include discounts for defensive driver, military active duty, anti-theft, driver training, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for air bag, driver training, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, bundle, anti-theft, and good student.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company which discounts they offer. Savings may not be offered in Houston. To locate companies with discount insurance rates in Texas, follow this link.
Choosing the best LS 600h L insurance in Texas is an important decision
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Houston, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Lexus LS 600h L, it’s most likely the lender will require you to buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Lexus at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Lexus LS 600h L but also your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your LS 600h L definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $700 annually so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Compare rates but buy from a neighborhood Houston auto insurance agent
Some people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you can get lower rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from local insurance agents is important particularly in Houston.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your business. You never need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
If you want to use a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agencies can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both can write car insurance policies, but it’s worth learning why they differ since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not employed by one company so they can write business with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part.
When shopping rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most can insure with mutual insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Below are independent insurance agents in Houston that can possibly get you price quote information.
- AAIGOT Insurance Agency Inc.
6633 Hillcroft St #101 – Houston, TX 77081 – (713) 270-9373 – View Map
- Gem Insurance Agencies
3355 W Alabama St #850 – Houston, TX 77098 – (713) 622-2330 – View Map
- Texas General Insurance Agency
2500 West Loop S #210 – Houston, TX 77027 – (713) 622-5977 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Houston willing to provide rate quotes.
- Jim Webb – State Farm Insurance Agent
8475 Hwy 6 N Ste B – Houston, TX 77095 – (281) 550-2886 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Harris County Insurance Agency
13030 Woodforest Blvd b – Houston, TX 77015 – (713) 451-5716 – View Map
- Sean Wong – State Farm Insurance Agent
7035 Hwy 6 N – Houston, TX 77095 – (281) 550-0555 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Texas?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Houston?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Will one accident increase rates?
Parts of your auto insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Coverage for medical expenses – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses like funeral costs, X-ray expenses, nursing services and dental work. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Auto liability insurance – Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 30/60/25 that translate to $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for things like pain and suffering, bail bonds and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Texas requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but you should consider buying more coverage.
Collision – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like backing into a parked car, rolling your car and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your LS 600h L to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Texas drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (30/60/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Comprehensive auto insurance – This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects and hitting a bird. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.