Buying auto insurance online may appear to be difficult at first if you are a beginner to online quotes. But relax because finding more affordable rates for Lexus GS 350 insurance in Houston is actually fairly simple.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that nearly 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Drivers in Houston can save 70% each year just by shopping around, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to shop their coverage around.
Cheapest Lexus insurance rate quotes in Houston
The following companies offer free quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|GS 350 AWD||$414||$836||$334||$20||$100||$1,704||$142|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in your specific Houston location which can lower or raise rates substantially.
Impact of age and gender on auto insurance rates
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Lexus GS 350 car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Save Money with These Tips
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Your liability insurance limits – The liability section of your policy kicks in when you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. It will provide legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Gender is a factor – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. This data doesn’t prove that males are worse at driving than females. Men and women are responsible for at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving. Male teenagers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
- Eliminate unneeded extra policy coverages – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea at first, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- Do you save by driving less? – The more you drive your Lexus annually the more you will pay for insurance. Many insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that sit idle most of the time qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Incorrect rating for your GS 350 may be costing you higher rates. Verify your insurance policy states the proper vehicle usage.
- Youthful drivers cost more – Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Teen drivers have been known to be less responsible with other occupants in the car so insurance rates are higher.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Most larger companies apply discounts to insureds who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to shop around to help ensure you have the lowest rates.There is a good possibility that you can find a better deal by buying insurance from a different company.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupations like fire fighters, architects and accountants usually pay the highest rates attributed to job stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, occupations such as actors, athletes and the unemployed get better rates.
- Loss probability for a Lexus GS 350 – Car insurance companies use claims history when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that statistically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more for specific coverages. The data below shows the historical loss data for Lexus GS 350 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is represented as 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Lexus GS 350 Models
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lexus GS 350 4dr 2WD 160 78 190 81 107 79 Lexus GS 350 4dr 4WD 169 90 217 91 85 68
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheaper Lexus GS 350 insurance in Houston
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but companies offer discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be asked for prior to getting the savings. If you don’t get every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow data collection to analyze where and when they drive by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Good Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- College Student Discount – Children who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on GS 350 insurance in Houston.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
Insurance companies that have some of the above discounts possibly include:
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered everywhere.
Local Houston auto insurance agents and insurance
A small number of people would prefer to have an agent’s advice. The best thing about comparing insurance online is that you can find cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to participating agents in Houston who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Selecting a provider should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- How long has their agency been in business in Houston?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
The difference between Houston car insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they operate. Agents in Houston can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are Houston exclusive agents willing to provide price quote information.
- Bob Goodwin – State Farm Insurance Agent
1616 Clear Lake City Blvd #107 – Houston, TX 77062 – (281) 486-9100 – View Map
- Donald Malveaux – State Farm Insurance Agent
12001 Richmond Ave #6 – Houston, TX 77082 – (281) 679-7155 – View Map
- Anna Santa Ana – State Farm Insurance Agent
7710 Cherry Park Dr d – Houston, TX 77095 – (281) 550-0333 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents often have many company appointments and that allows them to write policies through many companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing insurance rates, you need to check rates from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with companies that do not advertise much which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Houston that can give you price quote information.
- Deborah A. Olson Insurance Agency, Inc.
10592 Fuqua St – Houston, TX 77089 – (281) 481-1903 – View Map
- R.Y.A. Insurance Agency, Inc.
12155 Jones Rd #300 – Houston, TX 77070 – (281) 469-6286 – View Map
- Texas General Insurance Agency
2500 West Loop S #210 – Houston, TX 77027 – (713) 622-5977 – View Map
What insurance coverages do I need?
When buying insurance from an agent or online, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions might point out whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Texas?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- What if I total my Lexus GS 350 and owe more than it’s worth?
- Is my Lexus GS 350 covered if I use it for business?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
When shopping online for insurance, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
In this article, we presented many ideas to reduce Lexus GS 350 insurance premium rates online in Houston. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company. They may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
To read more, link through to the articles below:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Auto Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Houston? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Houston Car Insurance Quotes for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)