Do you want a faster way to compare more competitive Kia Sorento insurance in Houston? Comparison shopping for cheap Kia Sorento insurance in Houston could be nearly impossible for beginners to comparison shopping online. With a ridiculous number of companies, it can easily turn into a difficult situation to find the lowest price on Kia Sorento insurance.
Amazingly, nearly 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Texas insurance shoppers can cut their rates by nearly $1,766 a year just by comparing rates, but most just don’t grasp the actual amount they would save if they just switched companies.
It’s important to take a look at other company’s rates before your next renewal because insurance rates change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rate on Kia Sorento insurance in Houston on your last policy you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I’m going to teach you one of the quickest ways to lower your annual insurance bill.
How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that aid in calculating your car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs. Many things are used when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, although others are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
Higher premiums for specific jobs – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs like military personnel, social workers and accountants tend to have higher rates than average because of intense work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. Other careers such as actors, historians and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce rates – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder car theft.
Filing policy claims can increase rates – Auto insurance companies in Texas generally give better rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
Drivers with excellent credit save – Having a good credit score is a big factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Insureds that have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with bad credit. Therefore, if your credit rating can be improved, you may save money insuring your Kia Sorento if you clean up your credit.
Claims statistics for a Kia Sorento – Insurers use claims history to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Models that statistically have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more for coverage.
The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Kia Sorento vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentages above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Kia Sorento Vehicles
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Kia Sorento 4dr 2WD||80||86||82||110||111||94|
|Kia Sorento 4dr 4WD||85||87||101||97||98||85|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When shopping for affordable Houston auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways of comparing rates from all the different companies. One of the best ways to find the lowest Kia Sorento rates is simply to get online rate quotes. It’s important to know that comparing more prices helps you find more affordable insurance.
The following companies can provide quotes in Houston, TX. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Even though it can be expensive, auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lien holder, almost every bank will force you to have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Kia at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for it.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Kia but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Discounts for lower-cost auto insurance rates
Some providers don’t list every discount they offer very well, so we researched a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you.
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow companies to study where and when they drive remotely such as State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors are able to get lower premium rates.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select auto insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Multi-car Discount – Drivers who insure all your vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids living away from Houston attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Houston is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, military active duty, five-year accident-free, federal employee, driver training, multi-policy, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm offers discounts for Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, and anti-theft.
- Esurance may include discounts for Pac-12 alumni, Switch & Save, renters, online quote, online shopper, and safety device.
- The Hartford discounts include air bag, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, bundle, and driver training.
Check with each company how you can save money. Some discounts may not be offered everywhere.
Independent versus exclusive car insurance agents
Many drivers still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and also buy local. And buying from small agencies is definitely important in Houston.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to search for an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
The following are Houston car insurance companies willing to provide price quotes for Kia Sorento insurance in Houston.
- Texas Prime Insurance Agency, LLC
6750 West Loop S #430 – Bellaire, TX 77401 – (713) 750-9000 – View Map
- Pasadena Insurance Agency, Inc.
99 Detering St #280 – Houston, TX 77007 – (713) 869-6991 – View Map
- Hispanos Insurance Agency
8624 Long Point Rd – Houston, TX 77055 – (713) 827-1277 – View Map
- Suzanne Brown Agency-Insurance
11999 Katy Fwy #635 – Houston, TX 77079 – (281) 558-2210 – View Map
Finding the right insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- What insurance companies do they work with in Houston?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Houston?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
After getting satisfactory answers to all your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have found an insurer that is professional and can properly insure your vehicles. It’s important to know that it’s your coverage and you can terminate coverage when you choose so don’t think that you’re stuck with any specific agency for any length of time.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When quoting and comparing a policy, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you would benefit from professional advice.
- What does medical payments cover?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- When should I not file a claim?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- If my car is totalled with they pay enough to replace it?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Compare but don’t skimp
We just presented many tips how you can save on Kia Sorento insurance in Houston. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Houston auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the least-expected company. Some small companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When searching for the cheapest Kia Sorento rate quotes, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
Even more information can be read in the articles below:
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25 in Houston? (FAQ)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)