Wish you could get out of overpriced Hyundai Genesis insurance in Houston? It’s a common feeling and there are a lot of people in Houston just like you who feel imprisoned by their car insurance policy.
It’s amazing but most drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Texas drivers could save an average of up to 70% each year, but they underestimate the large savings they would see if they changed companies.
Due to the increasing number of options for buying lower-cost insurance for a Hyundai Genesis in Houston, it can be challenging to find the cheapest insurance company.
The purpose of this post is to teach you a little about how to compare rates easily. If you’re already insured, you will most likely be able to save money using these techniques. Nevertheless, Texas vehicle owners need to have an understanding of how companies price online insurance and take advantage of how the system works.
Hyundai Genesis insurance discounts in Houston
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but a few must be asked about before being credited.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking time to complete a class that teaches defensive driving techniques can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Home Ownership Discount – Simply owning a home can save a few bucks because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers are able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select companies reward you with a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Paperwork-free – Certain larger companies may give you up to $50 get Houston car insurance on the web.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used Genesis can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit may lower your premium rates slightly.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
If you would like to view auto insurance companies with the best Hyundai Genesis insurance discounts in Houston in Houston, click here.
Just remember that comparing a wide range of rates helps increase your odds of locating lower pricing.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Houston, TX. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Genesis 2.0T 2-Dr Coupe||$318||$760||$620||$36||$186||$1,920||$160|
|Genesis 3.8 4-Dr Sedan||$322||$594||$310||$18||$94||$1,338||$112|
|Genesis 2.0T Premium 2-Dr Coupe||$404||$924||$576||$34||$172||$2,110||$176|
|Genesis 3.8 2-Dr Coupe||$196||$436||$538||$32||$162||$1,364||$114|
|Genesis 2.0T Track 2-Dr Coupe||$228||$424||$476||$28||$142||$1,298||$108|
|Genesis 3.8 Grand Touring 2-Dr Coupe||$400||$788||$486||$28||$146||$1,848||$154|
|Genesis 4.6 4-Dr Sedan||$354||$788||$366||$22||$110||$1,640||$137|
|Genesis 3.8 Track 2-Dr Coupe||$258||$632||$538||$32||$162||$1,622||$135|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in specific Houston garaging location which can impact premium rates greatly.
Hyundai Genesis insurance premiums by gender in Houston
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Hyundai Genesis insurance prices for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
How do Insurance Providers Determine Hyundai Genesis Insurance Rates?
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that help calculate your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in better auto insurance rates.
- Filing claims can cost you more – If you are a frequent claim filer, don’t be surprised to see either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in Texas provide the lowest premiums to people who only file infrequent claims. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Not having insurance can get you a ticket and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Texas DMV.
- Combine policies and save money – Many companies allow discounts to people who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be as much as ten percent or more Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to shop around to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Only buy coverage you need – Insurance policies have a lot of extra add-on coverages that can add up when buying auto insurance. Insurance for things like vanishing deductibles, death and dismemberment, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment when buying your policy, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- How many miles do you drive? – The more you drive your Hyundai annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies charge rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Double check that your declarations sheet shows annual mileage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Genesis may be costing you higher rates.
- Gender and insurance – Over time, data shows that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Females and males tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 are several times more likely to be in an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
- Do you work long hours in a stressful employer? – Careers such as judges, business owners and emergency personnel tend to pay higher rates than the rest of us due to stressful work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, occupations like scientists, engineers and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
- How credit rating affects auto insurance prices – An insured’s credit history is a large factor in your rate calculation. Insureds with high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit history is low, you may save money insuring your Hyundai Genesis by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Hyundai Genesis historical loss data – Companies analyze historical claim data to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more to insure. The data below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Hyundai Genesis vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, equals 100. Values under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are 100 or greater indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Hyundai Genesis Insurance Claim Statistics
Specific Hyundai Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Genesis 178 122 117 119 103 117 Hyundai Genesis 4dr 154 71 154 85 99
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Is my Hyundai Genesis covered for flood damage?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
Some consumers still like to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. Buying from local agencies is important especially in Houston.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Houston that can provide free Houston car insurance quotes for your business. You won’t need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
Upon getting positive responses to these questions and an acceptable price quote, you may have found an insurer that can be relied on to adequately provide auto insurance.
Choosing Genesis insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will force you to have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Hyundai at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Texas overpays more than $830 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to save money.
Compare but don’t skimp
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like high prices, policy non-renewal, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even unfair underwriting practices. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies can be easier than you think.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an insured cut collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to lower your Hyundai Genesis insurance prices in Houston. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Houston car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from an unexpected company.
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- How Much are Houston Car Insurance Rates for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Houston? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)