Are you sick of overpaying and want cheaper Chevy Spark insurance in Houston? Searching for the cheapest Houston Chevy Spark insurance quotes can be somewhat difficult for drivers new to comparison shopping on the internet. Because there are so many companies in the marketplace, how are we expected to have a chance to compare every insurance company to find the best pricing?
It’s hard to believe, but nearly 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never compared insurance rates at all. Consumers in Texas could save an average of nearly $1,800 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they won’t spend time to shop around.
It’s a great practice to get comparison quotes before your policy renews because insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the lowest price on Chevy Spark insurance in Houston six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding Spark insurance online but I’m going to show you some proven techniques to save money.
If you have a policy now, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using this strategy. Our goal is to tell you how car insurance companies work and also save some money in the process But Texas consumers must comprehend the methods companies use to calculate their prices because rates are impacted by many factors.
Companies offering Chevy Spark insurance in Houston
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Houston, TX. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there are discounts available that many consumers don’t even know exist. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but some need to be asked for before you will receive the discount. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a defensive driving class may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on Spark insurance in Houston.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies with one insurance company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Professional Memberships – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount when shopping for insurance.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
To choose insurance companies that offer discounts in Texas, click here.
Informed Consumers Save on Insurance
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that are used to determine the price you pay for insurance. If you understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get big savings. Many factors are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, although others are less obvious such as your credit history or your commute time.
Listed below are some of the most rate-impacting factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
- Low mileage costs less – The more you drive every year the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Cars that do not get driven very much get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet is showing the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. An incorrectly rated Spark is just wasting money.
- Safer vehicles save money – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and fewer serious injuries means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If your Chevy Spark scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Buy as much liability insurance as you can afford – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance provides coverage if you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Prevent theft and reduce prices – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might point out if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- If my car is totalled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Does my Chevy Spark need full coverage?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Are insurance agents a thing of the past?
A lot of people still like to sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to contact any agents because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. If you wish to get a price quote from one company in particular, you would need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an company shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Is there a local claims center in Houston?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Houston
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local insurance agency, you should know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Houston can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well schooled on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Houston willing to provide price quote information.
- Linda Tuck – State Farm Insurance Agent
2402 Bay Area Blvd g – Houston, TX 77058 – (281) 488-9050 – View Map
- Donald Malveaux – State Farm Insurance Agent
12001 Richmond Ave #6 – Houston, TX 77082 – (281) 679-7155 – View Map
- Tammy Pham – State Farm Insurance Agent
13618 Bellaire Blvd, Ste E5 – Houston, TX 77083 – (281) 498-6800 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not restricted to one company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to contact at least one independent agent for the best price selection. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Houston willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Gem Insurance Agencies
3355 W Alabama St #850 – Houston, TX 77098 – (713) 622-2330 – View Map
- Kingspoint Insurance Agency, Inc.
11200 Westheimer Rd #850 – Houston, TX 77042 – (713) 850-1660 – View Map
- Hotchkiss Insurance Agency
13430 Northwest Fwy #600 – Houston, TX 77040 – (713) 956-9800 – View Map
Upon getting good responses to any questions you have and a low price estimate, you may have found an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to properly insure your vehicles.
Popular insurance providers such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm regularly use television, radio, and online ads. They all seem to try to convey promises of big savings after switching to their company. It sounds good, but how can they all give you a lower rate on Chevy Spark insurance in Houston? You have to listen carefully.
Insurance providers have a certain “appetite” for the driver that makes them money. A good example of a profitable insured might be a mature driver, has no prior claims, and has a short commute. A propective insured who matches that profile will most likely get cheap car insurance rates and as a result will probably save some money.
Insureds who do not fit those criteria must pay a higher premium which usually ends up with business not being written. The trick is to say “drivers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” will save that much if they switch. That’s the way companies can truthfully make those statements. Because every company is different, it’s extremely important to compare free Houston auto insurance quotes often. It’s impossible to know which insurance companies will have the lowest rate quotes.
Quote. Compare. Save.
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to shop for Chevy Spark insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best premium rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
A few companies don’t offer internet price quotes and usually these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agencies. The cheapest Chevy Spark insurance in Houston can be purchased online and with local Houston insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional information can be read below:
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Houston Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Traverse? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Houston? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)