How long has it been since you shopped around for more competitive insurance rates in Houston, TX? Houston drivers have lots of choices when trying to find low-cost Chevy Classic insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are both good and bad ways to find insurance online and you need to know the best way to get price quotes for your Chevy and locate the lowest possible price either online or from Houston insurance agents.
It’s a good idea to compare rates at least once a year because insurance prices are constantly changing. If you had the lowest price on Chevy Classic insurance in Houston two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the fastest way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
How to compare Houston Chevy Classic insurance rate quotes
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Auto insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Classic insurance, auto insurance serves several important purposes.
First, just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will have a requirement that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a much higher rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
Third, auto insurance preserves not only your car but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver overpays more than $855 a year so it’s important to compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Get Cheap Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
Many different elements are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although others are more transparent such as whether you are married or your commute time. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the rating factors that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to big savings.
- Premiums are impacted by vehicle performance – The make and model of the car or truck you own makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The lowest base rates are generally reserved for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price. Since the Chevrolet Classic is considered a passenger car, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower compared to average rates in Houston.
- Which gender costs less? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Males and females are responsible for accidents in similar percentages, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Safer cars save money – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts which can result in lower premiums. If your Chevy Classic scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may pay a lower rate.
- Marriage discount – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price on your policy. Marriage means you’re more mature and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Alarm systems lowers premiums – Buying a car with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers help track and prevent car theft.
- Use but don’t abuse your insurance – Auto insurance companies in Texas award better rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Youthful drivers pay more – Older people are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit.Inexperience drivers are proven to be easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Auto insurance policy lapses increase prices – Driving with no insurance is a big no-no and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the Texas motor vehicle department.
Chevy Classic insurance discounts in Houston
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every available discount very well, so we break down a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Houston auto insurance online.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a small discount on rates.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Houston auto insurance quote. This discount can apply up to age 25.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
If you would like to choose from a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Texas, click this link.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to choosing your policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- What is GAP insurance?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Local neighborhood Houston car insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local. And buying from local agencies is still important in Houston.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to companies in Houston who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you just need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an provider should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Does their agency support local causes in Houston?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Houston?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
Once you have satisfactory answers to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, chances are good that you have found an insurer that meets the requirements to properly service your insurance policy.
Budget-conscious Chevy Classic insurance can be bought from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some companies may not provide online quoting and these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, switching insurance companies can be pretty painless.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to lower your Chevy Classic insurance prices in Houston. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest prices come from a small mutual company.
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Houston? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Nurses in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Houston? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 17 Year Olds in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)