How long has it been since you compared quotes for low-cost Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Houston? Price shopping your Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Houston might be very difficult for beginners to quoting and comparing prices online. When there are so many companies competing online, it can easily turn into a lot of work to find the best coverage rates.
Statistics show that a large majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never shopped around. With the average premium in Texas being $2,680, drivers could save as much as 70% every year, but they don’t believe the big savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
It’s important to check car insurance prices before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the best deal on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Houston a couple years back a different company probably has better premium rates today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re about to learn the best way to find lower rates on car insurance.
Low cost Chevy Captiva Sport insurance prices in Houston, Texas
To get the cheapest Chevrolet Captiva Sport rate quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing price quotes from lots of Texas insurance companies. The simplest method to find affordable Chevy Captiva Sport insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates. When price shopping your coverage, quoting more will increase your chances of finding more affordable rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide price estimates online, so it’s important to compare prices from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Houston, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Why you need quality insurance for your Captiva Sport
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Captiva Sport in Houston, buying auto insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Captiva Sport, most banks will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Chevy Captiva Sport but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Chevy gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to save money.
Insurance policy discounts for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Houston
Some insurers don’t always advertise their entire list of discounts very well, so the following list contains both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Houston car insurance online.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Houston is a good way to get lower rates on your next insurance statement.
- Multi-car Discount – Having all your vehicles with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a home in Houston can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car instead of a used Captiva Sport may earn a small discount because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Life Insurance Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower rate if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
Auto insurance companies that may offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
Check with each company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in Houston. If you would like to view insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Houston, click here.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
A lot of people prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to companies in Houston who want to provide quotes for your business. You won’t need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting a provider requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Will they give you a referral list?
- How are they compensated?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
Below are agents in Houston that may be willing to give price quotes for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Houston.
- Allstate Insurance: Harris County Insurance Agency
13030 Woodforest Blvd b – Houston, TX 77015 – (713) 451-5716 – View Map
- State Farm: Ken Quach
6489 Wilcrest Dr – Houston, TX 77072 – (281) 498-1010 – View Map
- Texas Insurance Agency
719 Shotwell St – Houston, TX 77026 – (713) 675-2626 – View Map
- El Dorado Insurance Agency, Inc
3673 Westcenter Dr – Houston, TX 77042 – (800) 221-3386 – View Map
Auto insurance coverages and their meanings
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision insurance covers damage to your Captiva Sport resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as sideswiping another vehicle, driving through your garage door, sustaining damage from a pot hole and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible on your Captiva Sport in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property. It protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 30/60/25 which stand for $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims like medical services, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Texas state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but drivers should carry higher limits.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as hitting a bird, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, a broken windshield and falling objects. The highest amount your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Chevy Captiva Sport.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Coverage for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for bills such as funeral costs, surgery, dental work, doctor visits and nursing services. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Cheap car insurance premiums are out there
Cheaper car insurance in Houston can be bought online in addition to many Houston insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions or even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
To learn more, link through to the articles below:
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Veterans in Houston? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Car Insurance Rates for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)