No normal person is fond of buying insurance, especially when the cost is way too high.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that almost 70% of drivers in Texas have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates with other companies. American insurance shoppers could save roughly 46.5% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t believe how much money they would save if they changed companies. Vehicle owners have many auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and even though it’s nice to have multiple companies, it can be more difficult to compare company pricing for Chrysler Sebring insurance in Houston.
You need to compare rates as often as possible because insurance prices change regularly. Just because you found the best rate on Chrysler Sebring insurance in Houston last year you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because it’s time to teach you the fastest way to find lower rates on insurance.
Companies offering Chrysler Sebring insurance in Texas
The following companies offer price comparisons in Houston, TX. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sebring Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$256||$594||$366||$22||$110||$1,348||$112|
|Sebring Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$254||$572||$430||$26||$128||$1,410||$118|
|Sebring LX 2-Dr Convertible||$356||$788||$496||$30||$148||$1,818||$152|
|Sebring Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$264||$542||$462||$28||$138||$1,434||$120|
|Sebring Limited 2-Dr Convertible||$254||$520||$514||$30||$154||$1,472||$123|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific zip code location which can decrease or increase rates substantially.
Impact of age and gender on auto insurance rates
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Chrysler Sebring insurance rates for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insurance policy discounts for Chrysler Sebring insurance in Houston
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might be missing out on some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower insurance rates.
- Houston Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Houston may trigger a policy discount on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on insurance.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow their company to scrutinize driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Houston auto insurance online.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Popular insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, and online signing.
- MetLife offers discounts including multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free, good driver, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for low natural disaster claims, ease of repair, multi-car, location of vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide may include discounts for multi-policy, defensive driving, business or organization, accident-free, good student, Farm Bureau membership, and easy pay.
- GEICO may offer discounts for federal employee, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, good student, daytime running lights, anti-theft, and seat belt use.
- AAA has savings for multi-policy, multi-car, good student, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, education and occupation, and good driver.
If you want inexpensive Houston auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts might not apply in Houston.
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
When it comes to a policy for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you and your insurance should be unique as well. These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- What does medical payments cover?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Independent versus exclusive car insurance agents
A small number of people would rather go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get lower premium rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Houston who will return price quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing a insurer requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Is there a local claims center in Houston?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- What companies can they write with?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
If you need to find a good Houston insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Houston can be described as either independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s important to know how they are different since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Houston who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, you need to compare quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Houston that can give you rate quotes.
Once you have received good responses to these questions as well as a price you’re happy with, you may have just found a car insurance agent that can properly insure your vehicles.
The coverage is in the details
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the usual coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Coverage for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for bills for things like chiropractic care, ambulance fees, X-ray expenses and nursing services. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as a broken windshield, theft, falling objects, damage from flooding and vandalism. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This coverage covers damage to your Sebring resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as damaging your car on a curb, sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Sebring to bring the cost down.
This coverage will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show values of 30/60/25 which means $30,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like emergency aid, legal defense fees, pain and suffering, funeral expenses and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Texas drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (30/60/25 in Texas), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Cheap auto insurance rates are possible
While you’re price shopping online, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheaper auto insurance in Houston is available online and with local Houston insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
We just showed you some good ideas how to lower your Chrysler Sebring insurance prices in Houston. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Houston auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest prices are with some of the lesser-known companies. They may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Additional auto insurance information can be found on the following sites: