Would you prefer to buy more competitive Chrysler Pacifica insurance in Houston? Car insurance shoppers not familiar with comparing insurance coverage rates on the internet will discover sourcing affordable Chrysler Pacifica insurance rates in Houston is tougher than they thought.
Regrettably, a large majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Drivers in Houston could pocket up to 70% a year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t want to compare rate quotes online.
Consumers should take time to price shop coverage occasionally because auto insurance rates trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the lowest premium rates on Chrysler Pacifica insurance in Houston at your last renewal there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you one of the best ways to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
If you are insured now, you will be able to shop for the lowest rates using this information. Obtaining price quotes for the best policy in Houston is not as hard as you may think. Nevertheless, Texas drivers must know the methods companies use to calculate your policy premium because rates fluctuate considerably.
Cut Insurance Costs with These Tips
Many factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but others are not as apparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
Drive less and save – The more you drive every year the more you will pay for car insurance. Most insurance companies calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Ask your agent if your policy is showing the correct usage for each vehicle. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Pacifica can cost quite a bit.
Where you call home factors in – Living in less populated areas of the country has definite advantages when buying car insurance. Fewer drivers means less chance of accidents. People in densely populated areas have more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. Spending more time driving translates into higher accident risk.
Alarm systems save money – Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
Multi-policy discounts can save money – Most car insurance companies afford lower prices to people that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Car insurance policy lapses increase rates – Having a lapse in insurance coverage will be a quick way to increase your car insurance rates. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage could result in a steep fine or even jail time.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The make and model of the car you drive makes a big difference in determining your rates. The lowest rates are usually found on lower cost passenger vehicles, but your final cost has many other factors. Since the Chrysler Pacifica is classified as a crossover, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more as compared to the average rate in Houston.
Lower rates for married couples – Having a spouse helps lower the price when buying car insurance. It generally demonstrates drivers are more responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Does your job cost you more? – Careers like doctors, executives and miners generally pay higher rates than the rest of us attributed to high stress levels and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, careers such as scientists, athletes and retirees get better rates.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that making a lot of price comparisons increases the chance that you will find the best price.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Houston, TX. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chrysler Pacifica with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Chrysler at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average driver in Texas overpays more than $825 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to save money.
Do you qualify for discounts on Chrysler Pacifica insurance in Houston?
Some providers do not advertise every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies provide a small discount just for signing your application on your computer.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Senior Citizens – Seniors are able to get a small discount on rates.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some car insurance companies reward drivers for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current Pacifica insurance policy. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Houston car insurance quote compared to frequent claim filers.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A few companies that may include some of the above discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in Houston. To find car insurance companies who offer cheap Chrysler Pacifica insurance quotes in Texas, follow this link.
Get rate quotes but work with a local Houston insurance agency
Some consumers prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the best rates but also keep your business local.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house since price quotes are sent to your email. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking an provider should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Houston?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
When researching a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance agents are either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. They are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Houston who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Donald Malveaux – State Farm Insurance Agent
12001 Richmond Ave #6 – Houston, TX 77082 – (281) 679-7155 – View Map
- Ricky Maique – State Farm Insurance Agent
8811 Westheimer Rd #205 – Houston, TX 77063 – (713) 781-6132 – View Map
- Anna Santa Ana – State Farm Insurance Agent
7710 Cherry Park Dr d – Houston, TX 77095 – (281) 550-0333 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparison shopping, you will want to get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. They often place coverage with mutual insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Houston that are able to give price quote information.
- Champions Insurance Agency
15327 Gulf Fwy b – Houston, TX 77034 – (281) 484-4870 – View Map
- Texas Prime Insurance Agency, LLC
6750 West Loop S #430 – Bellaire, TX 77401 – (713) 750-9000 – View Map
- Ken W Taylor Insurance Agency
9405 Huffmeister Rd #110 – Houston, TX 77095 – (281) 345-2580 – View Map
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I buy full coverage?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, questionable increases in premium, delays in responding to claim requests and even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is easier than you think.
We covered many tips how you can reduce Chrysler Pacifica insurance rates online in Houston. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
Discount Chrysler Pacifica insurance in Houston is attainable from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not offer online price quotes and these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
Additional detailed information is available at these sites:
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Houston? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)