How long have you put off shopping around for cheaper Chevy SS insurance in Houston? Are you baffled by the crazy number of insurance providers in your area? You have so many providers available that it can easily become a lot of work to find the perfect company for you. Lots of people think Houston is the perfect city to reside in, but inflated insurance prices can make it hard to pay for enough insurance coverage.
It’s astonishing, but over 70% of Texas drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers can cut their rates by approximately 46.5% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate the big savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
Learn How to Find Auto Insurance at a Discount
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you know what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find cheaper rates.
- Insurance prices and vehicle performance – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your premium level. Due to the fact that the Chevrolet SS is considered a passenger car, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower compared to average rates in Houston. Smaller low performance passenger vehicles generally receive the lowest base rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Liability coverage safeguards assets – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage will protect you when you are responsible for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Safer occupants lowers auto insurance rates – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Frequent auto insurance claims will cost you – Insurance companies in Texas provide discounts to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Auto insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Low credit history equals high costs – Having a bad credit score can be an important factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than those with worse credit. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet SS by improving your rating.
- More policies can equal more savings – Some insurance companies give lower prices to clients who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, drivers will still want to shop around to ensure the best deal.
- Chevy SS claim data – Auto insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the data shows to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher premium rates. The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Chevy SS vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Percentages below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet SS Models
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet SS 142 75 137
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
All the larger car insurance companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive give coverage prices from their websites. Getting online quotes for Chevy SS insurance in Houston can be done by anyone as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want into the form. Upon sending the form, the quote system will obtain information on your driving record and credit history and returns pricing information.
This streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to find the lowest payment possible.
To save time and use this form to compare rates, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in the coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you will get a rate comparison based on identical coverages.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Houston, TX. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though Houston SS insurance rates can get expensive, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chevy with a loan, almost all lenders will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Chevy SS. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $820 a year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Houston insurance discounts for a Chevy SS
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
- E-sign Discounts – A handful of larger companies will give a small break shop Houston auto insurance on the web.
- Theft Deterrent System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current SS insurance policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Data Collection Discounts – Houston drivers who agree to allow their car insurance company to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Insurance companies who may offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
Before buying, ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits might not be offered on policies in Houston. To see a list of insurers that offer many of these discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Exclusive versus independent auto insurance agents
Many people still like to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting small agencies is important particularly in Houston.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to companies in Houston that give free quotes for your business. You won’t need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you are searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they operate. Car insurance agencies can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can quote policies amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
If you need lower rates, you should always get several quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. Most can insure with mutual insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Houston that can possibly get you price quote information.
- Texas Prime Insurance Agency, LLC
6750 West Loop S #430 – Bellaire, TX 77401 – (713) 750-9000 – View Map
- Noveri Insurance Agency
2657 Gessner Rd – Houston, TX 77080 – (713) 460-9400 – View Map
- Texas Insurance Agency
719 Shotwell St – Houston, TX 77026 – (713) 675-2626 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are usually well trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often use the same agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Houston that can give you comparison quotes.
- Joy Knox State Farm Insurance Agency
1510 Eldridge Pkwy #108 – Houston, TX 77077 – (281) 759-4300 – View Map
- Jim Webb – State Farm Insurance Agent
8475 Hwy 6 N Ste B – Houston, TX 77095 – (281) 550-2886 – View Map
- State Farm: Ken Quach
6489 Wilcrest Dr – Houston, TX 77072 – (281) 498-1010 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- How are claims handled?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Is the quote a firm price?
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. You are unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if you may require specific advice.
- What is no-fault insurance?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Chevy SS?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Chevy SS?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Be persistent and save
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, policy cancellation, extreme rates for teen drivers and unfair underwriting practices. Whatever your reason, switching insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
As you quote Houston auto insurance, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Lower-priced insurance in Houston is available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not have online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers work with local independent agencies.
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Houston? (FAQ)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)