Do you want to stop overpaying and find cheaper Chevy Spark EV insurance in Houston? Trying to find low-cost insurance for a new or used Chevy Spark EV in Texas could be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to make it easier. There are both good and bad ways to find insurance online and you need to know the best way to compare rates for a new or used Chevy and locate the cheapest rates either online or from Houston insurance agents.
Shocking but true, most drivers have bought insurance from the same company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Consumers in Texas can save nearly 70% each year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rates online.
You need to compare prices occasionally since insurance prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Chevy Spark EV insurance in Houston on your last policy you can probably find a better premium rate now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because we’re going to show you the easiest way to save on insurance.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your home and auto policies and place coverage with the same company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive Chevrolet Spark EV insurance in Houston.
- Life Insurance – Car insurance companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your car insurance provider.
- ABS Brakes – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow data collection to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To find car insurance companies that offer discounts in Houston, click here.
Cutting your Houston auto insurance rates is an easy way to save money. Drivers just need to invest a little time comparing rates from online providers.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Houston, TX. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
How Insurers Determine Chevy Spark EV Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, although some other factors are more obscure like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is. Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that aid in calculating your car insurance rates. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in cheaper rates.
Big cities mean more claims – Having an address in areas with lower population is a good thing when buying car insurance. Lower population means reduced accidents. Residents of big cities have traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. Spending more time driving can result in more accidents.
Single drivers take more risk – Your spouse may cut your premiums compared to being single. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Performance impacts premiums – The type of car you need to insure makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. Because the Chevrolet Spark EV is a compact car, insuring your vehicle will cost the same to a little lower as compared to the average rate in Houston. The lowest performance passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but your final cost has many other factors.
Car plus home equals more savings – Many insurance companies allow a discount to insureds who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you still need to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.There is a chance you can find better rates by buying from different companies
Men are more aggressive – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn’t prove that women are better drivers. Males and females have at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the males tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
Insurance agent or online?
Some people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Professional agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is you can get lower rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to agents in your area that provide free Houston auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to you. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific company, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking a company requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Houston?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- How long has their agency been in business in Houston?
When searching for a reliable agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Houston can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either can handle auto insurance, but it’s good to learn the difference between them since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Houston that are able to give rate quotes.
- Donald Malveaux – State Farm Insurance Agent
12001 Richmond Ave #6 – Houston, TX 77082 – (281) 679-7155 – View Map
- Linda Tuck – State Farm Insurance Agent
2402 Bay Area Blvd g – Houston, TX 77058 – (281) 488-9050 – View Map
- Tammy Pham – State Farm Insurance Agent
13618 Bellaire Blvd, Ste E5 – Houston, TX 77083 – (281) 498-6800 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rates, it’s recommended you compare prices from a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller mutual companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Houston that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Texas Insurance
210 W Greens Rd # B – Houston, TX 77067 – (281) 872-6100 – View Map
- Hotchkiss Insurance Agency
13430 Northwest Fwy #600 – Houston, TX 77040 – (713) 956-9800 – View Map
- Town and Country Insurance Agency – Houston, TX
10575 Katy Fwy # 150 – Houston, TX 77024 – (713) 461-8979 – View Map
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Houston, buying insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Spark EV, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $820 a year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Smart consumers save more
When shopping online for insurance, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including poor customer service, policy cancellation, questionable increases in premium and even lack of trust in their agent. No matter why you want to switch, switching insurance companies can be pretty painless.
You just read some good ideas how to reduce Chevy Spark EV insurance car insurance rates online in Houston. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Additional information can be read below:
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 17 Year Olds in Houston? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in Houston? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)