How long has it been since you compared quotes for cheaper Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Houston? No sane person likes having to buy insurance, in particular when they could find better rates elsewhere.
Unbelievable but true, the vast majority of consumers in Texas have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Consumers in the U.S. could save approximately 46.5% each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know the rate savings if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Because you have many insurance companies to choose from that have lower-cost insurance for a Chevy Silverado 3500HD in Houston, it’s difficult to pick a more affordable insurer.
It’s smart to check insurance prices quite often since insurance prices tend to go up over time. Even if you got the best rates on Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Houston a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re about to find out the proper way to buy cheaper Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Houston.
Best companies for Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance
The car insurance companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Houston, TX. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$220||$478||$620||$36||$186||$1,540||$128|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Extended Cab 4WD||$196||$436||$538||$32||$162||$1,364||$114|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$410||$720||$514||$30||$154||$1,828||$152|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$436||$788||$496||$30||$148||$1,898||$158|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$372||$620||$392||$24||$118||$1,526||$127|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$216||$414||$400||$24||$120||$1,174||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in zip code location which can decrease or increase insurance rates considerably.
Analysis of deductible levels
The illustration below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can change Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD premium costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Auto insurance premiums based on gender
The chart below shows the comparison of Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no accidents or driving violations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Impact of citations and accidents on Houston insurance rates
The illustration below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents influence Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD insurance costs for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Get Lower-cost Auto Insurance with These Tips
Many different elements are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or how safe your car is. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help determine your auto insurance rates. If you understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower premium levels.
The following are a few of the things that factor into your prices.
Auto insurance rates and age – Drivers with little experience are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
Commute or pleasure use – Driving more miles annually the higher your rates will be. A lot of insurance companies apply a rate based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level than cars that get driven a lot. Double check that your auto insurance declarations sheet shows annual mileage. An improperly rated Silverado 3500HD may be costing you higher rates.
Policy add-ons may be wasting money – There are a ton of add-on coverages that can add up on your Silverado 3500HD policy. Coverages like roadside assistance, towing, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing initially, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
Lower stress equals lower rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Occupations like military personnel, business owners and financial analysts tend to pay the highest average rates because of high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, occupations such as scientists, athletes and retirees have lower than average premiums.
Use one insurance company and save – Most larger insurers will award lower prices to people who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
Save by driving cars with good safety ratings – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies which can result in lower premiums. If your Chevy Silverado 3500HD scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
Vehicle options impact auto insurance rates – Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent car theft.
Insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you quote, but some need to be specially asked for prior to getting the savings. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on Silverado 3500HD insurance in Houston.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some companies provide a discount for switching companies before your current expiration date. You may see this discount when you get Houston auto insurance quotes online.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
The best insurance companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- Farm Bureau has savings for renewal discount, driver training, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and youthful driver.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, and good student.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- Allstate offers discounts including anti-theft, premier discount, teenSMART discount, eSmart discount, early signing, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide offers discounts for multi-policy, business or organization, anti-theft, good student, and Farm Bureau membership.
- MetLife may offer discounts for claim-free, good student, good driver, accident-free, defensive driver, multi-policy
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not be offered in Houston. To choose insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Houston, click here to view.
Local Houston insurance agents
Some people prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can give you free Houston auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to your email. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an insurer should include more criteria than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Houston?
More comparisons equals cheap rates
More affordable car insurance in Houston can be bought both online in addition to many Houston insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not provide online rate quotes and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
In this article, we covered many ideas to get a better price on Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Houston. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. They may only write in your state and offer lower prices than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Much more information about car insurance in Texas can be found at the links below
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Houston, TX? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Houston? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado in Houston? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)