Do you want a faster way to compare the cheapest Chevy Bolt insurance in Houston? Are you regretting the purchase of high-priced Chevy Bolt insurance in Houston? You’re preaching to the choir because you’re not the only one.
Unfortunately, a large majority of insurance policyholders have remained with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. Many consumers in Texas could save up to 70% each year by just shopping around, but most just don’t grasp how much money they would save if they switch to a new company. Since you have so many options when it comes to insurance, it is very difficult to choose the most affordable insurance company.
Houston auto insurance discounts
Car insurance companies don’t list every policy discount very clearly, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Houston car insurance online.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Bolt insurance in Houston.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a discounted auto insurance rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get reduced rates.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy early. It can save you around 10%.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower your policy premium.
For a list of insurers that offer multiple discounts in Houston, click this link.
The most recommended method to get rate comparisons for Chevy Bolt insurance in Houston is to know most insurance companies provide online access to give you rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details such as your job, coverage limits, whether or not you need a SR-22, and how your vehicles are used. Your insurance information gets sent immediately to all major companies and they return quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To check car insurance prices now, click here and enter the information requested.
The following companies offer free quotes in Houston, TX. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
You may require the services of an agent
Many drivers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your information gets sent to participating agents in Houston that can provide free Houston car insurance quotes for your business. You won’t even need to drive around because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you need to compare prices from a particular provider, just visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- How long has their agency been open in Houston?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Houston for you
If you’re trying to find an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they operate. Auto insurance agencies are either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s important to know how they are different since it can impact which agent you choose.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Houston that can give you price quotes.
Lucrecia Jasminoy – State Farm Insurance Agent
223 Cavalcade St – Houston, TX 77009 – (713) 884-1442 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing auto insurance rates, it’s recommended you include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below are Houston independent insurance agencies who can help you get price quote information.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford.
You just learned a lot of ways to compare Chevy Bolt insurance prices in Houston. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Houston car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Affordable Chevy Bolt insurance in Houston can be found from both online companies in addition to many Houston insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and these smaller providers only sell through independent agents.
To read more, take a look at these articles:
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Auto Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)