No one likes having to buy auto insurance, especially when they know they could find lower prices if they just compared rates.
Shocking but true, most auto insurance policyholders have been with the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. With the average premium in Texas being $2,700, drivers could save themselves up to 70% a year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue the amount of savings they would get if they switched. Having so many choices of insurance companies that have lower-cost insurance for a Scion iQ in Houston, it is very difficult to find the lowest price insurance company.
Buying affordable car insurance in Houston is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you are insured now or just want to save money, you can use these techniques to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. Comparison shoppers just have to know the tricks to shop their coverage around over the internet.
Low cost Houston Scion iQ insurance
Many insurance companies make it easy to get prices on the web. The process is fairly straightforward as you just enter the amount of coverage you want into the form. Once you submit the form, their rating system obtains your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information based on these and other factors. Being able to quote online for Scion iQ insurance in Houston simplifies rate comparisons, and it is important to do this in order to find the lowest payment possible.
In order to find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with coverages and limits as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you will have a rate comparison using the exact same coverages.
The following companies offer comparison quotes in Houston, TX. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though Houston iQ insurance rates can get expensive, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Scion iQ with a loan, almost every bank will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Scion for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Scion iQ and your assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Scion gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $825 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Will you really save $409 on auto insurance?
Consumers in Texas can’t ignore all the ads for cheaper auto insurance from the likes of State Farm and Allstate. They all seem to make an identical promise about savings if you get a free Houston car insurance quote and switch your coverage to them.
How is it possible that every company can make almost identical claims?
Companies give the best rates for the type of driver that will not have excessive claims. A good example of a profitable insured should be a married male, has a clean driving record, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. Any driver who matches that profile will qualify for the lowest car insurance rates in Houston and will cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who don’t qualify for the ideal profile may receive higher premium rates and the customer buying from a different company. If you listen closely, the ads state “people that switch” not “all people who quote” save that much money. That’s the way companies can truthfully make claims like that. This really illustrates why you really should get as many free Houston car insurance quotes as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict the company that will give you the biggest savings.
Discount Houston insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every available discount very clearly, so here is a list a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Houston car insurance online. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on iQ insurance in Houston.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as GEICO and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Good Student – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home can save you money because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down on your Scion can qualify you for lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Early Signing – Some larger companies reward drivers for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current iQ insurance policy. It can save you around 10%.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Houston drivers who stay claim-free get the best insurance rates in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works. But any discount will definitely reduce your insurance premiums.
A partial list of companies that have many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts may not be offered in Houston. To locate insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Houston, click this link.
Comparing rates from local Houston insurance agents
Many people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. The best thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to participating agents in Houston who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good provider is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
Below are agents in Houston that may be able to provide price quotes for Scion iQ insurance in Houston.
Lucrecia Jasminoy – State Farm Insurance Agent
223 Cavalcade St – Houston, TX 77009 – (713) 884-1442 – View Map
It’s not one size fits all
When buying coverage online or from an agent, there really is no one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Texas?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Scion iQ?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Scion iQ to commute?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
A conclusion for your insurance search
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost.
We just presented a lot of tips how to compare Scion iQ insurance rates in Houston. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Scion iQ rate quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high prices or even being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
More tips and info about insurance can be found in these articles:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Good Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Houston Car Insurance Rates for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Houston Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma in Houston? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)