Do you want an efficient way to compare the cheapest Saturn Outlook insurance in Houston? Tired of scraping nickels together each month for insurance? Your situation is no different than the majority of other vehicle owners in Texas.
A study showed that most insurance buyers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average premium in Texas being $2,679, drivers could pocket roughly 70% a year by just shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rate quotes. Multiple insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies to find the cheapest price on Saturn Outlook insurance in Houston.
It’s important to do price comparisons occasionally because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the lowest rates on Saturn Outlook insurance in Houston a couple years back a different company probably has better premium rates today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the only way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Check for these premium slashing discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain reductions will be credited when you purchase, but a few need to be specially asked for before you get the savings. If you do not double check each discount possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit may lower your car insurance rates slightly.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies offer discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current Outlook insurance policy. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance on a new Outlook may earn a small discount because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- GEICO has discounts for daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, federal employee, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for good student, multi-policy, company car, mature driver, multiple vehicles, safe vehicle, and teen driver.
- American Family has savings for TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, early bird, good driver, and mySafetyValet.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for homeowner, emergency road assistance, DriveSense, online shopper, and Pac-12 alumni.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, multi-policy, good student, online signing, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm offers discounts for good driver, student away at school, passive restraint, good student, multiple policy, anti-theft, and safe vehicle.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, good driver, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, and multi-car.
Double check with every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in Houston. To choose providers offering car insurance discounts in Houston, click here to view.
Getting a cheap price on insurance is pretty simple and can save money. Consumers just need to take a couple of minutes comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies.
It’s so simple to compare insurance rates online replaces the need to make phone calls or go to each insurance agency near you. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional assistance of a local agency. You can, however, compare online quotes but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The companies in the list below provide quotes in Houston, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outlook XE 2WD||$286||$486||$430||$26||$128||$1,356||$113|
|Outlook XV 2WD||$158||$260||$358||$22||$108||$906||$76|
|Outlook XE Premium 2WD||$208||$338||$392||$24||$118||$1,080||$90|
|Outlook XE AWD||$258||$462||$430||$26||$128||$1,304||$109|
|Outlook XE Premium AWD||$318||$580||$358||$22||$108||$1,386||$116|
|Outlook XR-L 2WD||$224||$422||$462||$28||$138||$1,274||$106|
|Outlook XR-L AWD||$318||$580||$358||$22||$108||$1,386||$116|
|Outlook XR-L Premium 2WD||$178||$312||$366||$22||$110||$988||$82|
|Outlook XR-L Premium AWD||$288||$496||$366||$22||$110||$1,282||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can raise or lower premium rates greatly.
Saturn Outlook full coverage rates compared to liability only
The illustration below shows the difference between Saturn Outlook auto insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Texas minimum liability coverage. The premiums are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no definitive guideline to stop buying full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Saturn Outlook book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $300 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Insurance agent or online?
Many drivers prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to participating agents in Houston who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to leave your computer because prices are sent directly to you. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an provider should include more criteria than just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- What companies can they write with?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
Below is a short list of insurers in Houston that may be able to provide price quotes for Saturn Outlook insurance in Houston.
One last thing to lower rates
Lower-priced insurance in Houston can be bought both online and also from your neighborhood Houston agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Houston Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda Pilot in Houston? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)