Finding better insurance prices for a Honda Accord Hybrid in Texas can normally be difficult, but you can use the following methods to find lower rates.
There is a better way to compare car insurance rates and we’ll show you the quickest way to get price quotes on a Honda and obtain the lowest possible price from Houston insurance agents and online providers.
Where can I get low cost Houston Honda Accord Hybrid insurance?
Finding a lower price on insurance is an easy way to save money. All that’s required is to invest a few minutes getting comparison quotes from online providers.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Houston, TX. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Be skeptical of insurance ads
Texas drivers can’t get away from ads that claim the cheapest rates by Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. All the ads make the point about how much you will save if you change your policy.
How does every company charge lower premium rates? You have to listen carefully.
Insurance providers have an ideal profile for the type of driver that will generate a profit. For instance, a desirable risk could possibly be between 25 and 40, has never had a policy lapse, and insures a new vehicle. Anyone that hits that “sweet spot” will get very good Houston premium rates and will save a lot of money.
People who cannot meet these stringent criteria may be forced to pay a more expensive rate which leads to the customer not buying. The ads say “drivers who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save the amount stated. That’s why companies can lure you into getting a quote.
This really drives home the point why you really should get price quotes at each policy renewal. Because you never know the company that will provide you with the cheapest Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Houston.
Three reasons to insure your Honda vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Honda Accord Hybrid in Houston, insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Honda, it’s most likely the lender will force you to buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Honda at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Honda as the result of the weather or an accident, your insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Houston
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory options such as air bags could see savings as much as 30%.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a safe driver class could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Own a Home and Save – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Paper-free Discount – A few insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on the web.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a discounted price on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will lower the amount you pay for coverage.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are:
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include youthful driver, renewal discount, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe driver, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm has savings for multiple autos, accident-free, safe vehicle, passive restraint, student away at school, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, and good student.
- Allstate discounts include auto/life discount, farm vehicle, defensive driver, eSmart discount, early signing, and good payer.
- Nationwide may include discounts for multi-policy, business or organization, accident-free, defensive driving, good student, anti-theft, and easy pay.
- MetLife offers discounts for good driver, claim-free, multi-policy, accident-free, good student, defensive driver
Double check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some discounts might not be offered in your area.
Buying from car insurance agents
Certain consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Licensed agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing car insurance online is you can get cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is especially important in Houston.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Houston who will give you quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to drive around as quotes are delivered to you directly. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Two types of Houston car insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Houston agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either can do a good job, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact the selection process.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, you definitely need to compare prices from a few independent agents for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Houston that can possibly get you free price quotes.
- TDECU INSURANCE AGENCY, LLC
1235 N Loop W Fwy #1100 – Houston, TX 77008 – (979) 238-8283 – View Map
- Moon Insurance Agency
360 FM 1959 – Houston, TX 77034 – (281) 484-8320 – View Map
- Gem Insurance Agencies
3355 W Alabama St #850 – Houston, TX 77098 – (713) 622-2330 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Houston who can help you get comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Ken Quach
6489 Wilcrest Dr – Houston, TX 77072 – (281) 498-1010 – View Map
- Lucrecia Jasminoy – State Farm Insurance Agent
223 Cavalcade St – Houston, TX 77009 – (713) 884-1442 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Harris County Insurance Agency
13030 Woodforest Blvd b – Houston, TX 77015 – (713) 451-5716 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the price. Any agent in Houston should be willing to answer these questions.
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- How are they compensated?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
Always keep in mind that when comparing the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique and your insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Should I rate my Honda Accord Hybrid as pleasure use or commute?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Is my Honda Accord Hybrid covered for flood damage?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
The coverage is in the details
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are typical coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hitting a bird, damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and vandalism. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Liability car insurance – Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 30/60/25 that means you have $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses, court costs and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Texas requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Texas limits are 30/60/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Collision coverage – This pays for damage to your Accord Hybrid resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like crashing into a building, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Accord Hybrid in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills such as X-ray expenses, rehabilitation expenses, nursing services and hospital visits. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Shop smart and save
Some companies may not have online rate quotes and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies. Budget-friendly car insurance in Houston can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Houston, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut collision coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to save on Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Houston. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Much more information about car insurance in Texas is located below:
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Car Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- How Much is Houston Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Houston? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)