How many times have you told yourself it’s time to shop around for cheaper car insurance rates in Houston, TX? Houston consumers have many options when looking for the lowest priced Ford Excursion insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents to compare prices or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a better way to find car insurance online so you’re going to learn the quickest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Ford and obtain the lowest possible price from Houston insurance agents and online providers.
A recent car insurance study revealed that most car insurance buyers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates from other carriers. Many consumers in Houston can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don’t want to spend time to go online and compare rates.
Consumers should take time to compare prices quite often because car insurance prices go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest quotes on Ford Excursion insurance in Houston at your last renewal a different company probably has better rates today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to find out one of the easiest ways to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
If you’re already insured or just want cheaper rates, you can follow these tips to shop for the lowest rates without reducing protection. This information will tell you how to compare rates easily and how to save the most money. Shoppers just need to use the most effective way to buy auto insurance online.
Finding low cost auto insurance rates is an easy way to save money. The only thing you need to do is spend a little time to compare rates to discover which company has the cheapest Ford Excursion rate quotes.
The following companies provide price comparisons in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Even though Houston Excursion insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Excursion has a lien holder, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Texas is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
Many things are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but others are not as apparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven. Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may result in lower car insurance prices.
- Save miles and save money – The higher the miles on your Ford each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of companies price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time receive better premium rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Excursion may be costing you higher rates. It’s a smart idea to ensure your policy correctly shows the right rating data.
- Poor driving habits leads to higher rates – Being a careful driver can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Even one chargeable violation may cause rates to rise by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have received license-revoking violations like DUI or willful reckless driving are required to submit a SR-22 form with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Low stress job equals lower premiums – Jobs like judges, social workers and financial analysts are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us because of intense work-related stress and long work hours. On the flip side, careers like professors, engineers and performers receive lower rates.
- High credit means lower premiums – A driver’s credit score is likely to be a major factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Ford Excursion by spending a little time repairing your credit. Insureds that have high credit scores tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings.
- Performance makes a difference – The type of car you are insuring makes a big difference in your premium level. The lowest base rates are generally reserved for lower performance four cylinder passenger models, but other factors influence the final cost greatly. Because the Ford Excursion is classified as a standard SUV, rates will be slightly more when compared to the average rates in Houston.
- Raising coverage deductibles lowers rates – The deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. Insurance for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Some coverage claims are collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, or theft of your vehicle. The more damage repair cost you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Better prices on safer vehicles – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. These vehicles reduce injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Insurance rates for married couples – Walking down the aisle can get you a discount on car insurance. It is viewed as being more stable financially and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
Affordable Houston car insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having more than one vehicle with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Drivers Education – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class if offered at their school.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed in the military could mean lower car insurance rates.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Houston auto insurance with certain companies.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
Companies that may offer policyholders some of the discounts shown above are:
If you want inexpensive Houston auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Savings might not apply in your area. To see a list of insurance companies who offer discounts in Texas, click this link.
Getting quotes from local Houston insurance agents
Many people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you can get lower premium rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents in Houston who will give you quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking the best company should include more criteria than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- How long has their agency been open in Houston?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Houston?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
Shown below are agents in Houston that may be willing to give price quote information for Ford Excursion insurance in Houston.
- Gem Insurance Agencies
3355 W Alabama St #850 – Houston, TX 77098 – (713) 622-2330 – View Map
- James Banks – State Farm Insurance Agent
4809 Main St – Houston, TX 77002 – (713) 523-7100 – View Map
- Pasadena Insurance Agency, Inc.
99 Detering St #280 – Houston, TX 77007 – (713) 869-6991 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Harris County Insurance Agency
13030 Woodforest Blvd b – Houston, TX 77015 – (713) 451-5716 – View Map
Affordable coverage is out there
You just learned some good ideas how to save on Ford Excursion insurance in Houston. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Houston auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
People switch companies for many reasons like policy non-renewal, unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Additional detailed information can be found in the articles below:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Houston? (FAQ)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)