Did you come to the realization that you have high-priced Audi TTS insurance in Houston? Don’t sweat it because you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse.
It’s hard to believe, but nearly 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Many consumers in Texas could save nearly 70% every year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. You have so many car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, more options can take longer to find the best rates for Audi TTS insurance in Houston.
Low-cost companies for Audi TTS insurance
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
How Car Insurance Companies Calculate Audi TTS Insurance Premiums
It’s important that you understand some of the things that help calculate the price you pay for car insurance. If you understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but some are not as apparent like where you live or your commute time.
The list below includes some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine rates.
Low deductibles can be expensive – Comp and collision deductibles tell how much the insured will be required to pay if the claim is covered. Physical damage insurance, also called ‘full coverage’, protects your car from damage. Some coverage claims are rearending another vehicle, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The more expense you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
Get married and pay less – Being married may earn you lower rates on your policy. Having a significant other may mean you are more financially stable and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Cheaper premiums with safer cars – Safer cars cost less to insure. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you.
Car insurance liability limits – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage in the event that you are found to be at fault for an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
Minor frequent car insurance claims are not good – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you should expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in Texas provide the lowest premiums to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
Policy add-ons add up – There are a ton of add-on coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t diligent. Things like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may be wasting your money. They may sound like good ideas initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
Insurance loss data for an Audi TTS – Auto insurance companies use past insurance losses when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher rates.
The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Audi TTS vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is represented as 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Audi TTS Vehicles
|Specific Audi Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi TTS 2dr 4WD||141|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Earn discounts on Houston car insurance
Some providers don’t always publicize all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has some of the best known as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Houston auto insurance online.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a defensive driver course could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- E-sign – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Houston and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver’s education class as it can save substantially.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm includes discounts for student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple autos.
- American Family offers premium reductions for accident-free, mySafetyValet, good student, multi-vehicle, good driver, and air bags.
- GEICO may include discounts for defensive driver, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, good student, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century offers discounts for homeowners, 55 and older, theft prevention, good student, early bird, and student driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, and continuous coverage.
Double check with each company or agent how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in Houston. To see a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above in Texas, click here.
Are auto insurance agents of importance?
A lot of people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that can be a smart move Most agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can find cheaper premium rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to agents in your area that provide free Houston auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. In the event you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on a insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- What companies can they write with?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Houston?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Is coverage determined by price?
The following are Houston auto insurance companies that can give you rate quotes for Audi TTS insurance in Houston.
One last thing about your coverage
Cheap Audi TTS insurance in Houston is available on the web in addition to many Houston insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these regional carriers sell through independent agents.
We’ve covered a lot of ways to find affordable Audi TTS insurance in Houston. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a small mutual company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower prices as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Additional detailed information can be read in the articles below:
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Retired Military in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in Houston? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)