How many times have you told yourself to find more competitive insurance rates in Houston, TX? Houston buyers have lots of choices when searching for affordable Porsche Boxster insurance. They can either spend hours driving around to compare prices or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to compare rates for your Porsche and locate the lowest price either online or from Houston insurance agents.
You should take the time to quote other rates once or twice a year because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the best deal on Porsche Boxster insurance in Houston on your last policy there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. There is a lot of bad information regarding Boxster insurance out there, but I’m going to show you a lot of great tips on how to quit paying high insurance rates in Houston.
If you’re already insured or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these tips to buy cheaper insurance and still have adequate protection. Our objective is to help educate you on how to compare rates easily and how to save the most money. Vehicle owners just need to understand the proper methods to get comparison quotes from many different companies online.
Cutting your insurance rates is a great way to save money. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes comparing price quotes to find out which insurance company has cheaper Houston car insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Houston, TX. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Boxster 2-Dr Convertible||$458||$988||$438||$26||$130||$2,040||$170|
|Boxster S 2-Dr Convertible||$252||$478||$324||$20||$96||$1,170||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in your specific Houston location which can decrease or increase price quotes noticeably.
How accidents and tickets impact rates
The diagram below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can affect Porsche Boxster yearly insurance costs for different age categories. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Porsche Boxster insurance in Houston
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so we researched some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Houston car insurance online.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers can get a discount up to 10%.
- Save with a New Car – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Drivers who insure more than one vehicle with the same insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Houston can get you a small discount when getting a Houston car insurance quote.
- Online Discount – A few insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy digitally online.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed in the military can result in better insurance rates.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck. But any discount will bring down the premium cost.
A list of insurance companies and their possible discounts include:
- GEICO may have discounts that include defensive driver, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, seat belt use, and air bags.
- Travelers offers discounts including student away at school, hybrid/electric vehicle, IntelliDrive, driver training, multi-car, home ownership, and save driver.
- Nationwide has savings for family plan, anti-theft, defensive driving, easy pay, good student, business or organization, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for alternative fuel, mature driver, good student, electronic funds transfer, business and professional, and teen driver.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, good student, and emergency road assistance.
- State Farm includes discounts for accident-free, multiple policy, multiple autos, student away at school, and passive restraint.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, online signing, and homeowner.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for anti-theft, accident-free, multi-car, annual mileage, good student, and multi-policy.
When quoting, ask every insurance company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your area. To view insurance companies who offer discounts in Texas, click here.
How Insurance Companies Calculate Porsche Boxster Insurance Costs
It’s important that you understand some of the things that help calculate your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in cheaper rates.
- Better prices on safer vehicles – Safer cars get lower rates. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you.
- Car features that lower prices – Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help prevent vehicle theft.
- Insurance companies don’t like frequent claims – Car insurance companies in Texas provide the best rates to policyholders who are claim-free. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Credit rating impacts premium premiums – Having a good credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your insurance rates. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit scores. So if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your Porsche Boxster by improving your rating.
- Porsche Boxster insurance claim data – Car insurance companies use data from past claims to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for coverage. The table below outlines the loss history for Porsche Boxster vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are 100 or greater indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger claims.
Porsche Boxster Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Porsche Boxster Convertible 135 47 121 31
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Houston insurance agency
Many drivers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower prices and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is still important in Houston.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Houston who will return price quotes to get your business. There is no need to even leave your home because prices are sent to you instantly. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Houston for you
If you are searching for a good Houston insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Houston agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent. Either one can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the subtle differences because it can factor into your agent selection.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to get several quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also have access to smaller regional carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Houston that may be able to give you free auto insurance quotes.
- Deborah A. Olson Insurance Agency, Inc.
10592 Fuqua St – Houston, TX 77089 – (281) 481-1903 – View Map
- Texas Insurance Agency
719 Shotwell St – Houston, TX 77026 – (713) 675-2626 – View Map
- R.Y.A. Insurance Agency, Inc.
12155 Jones Rd #300 – Houston, TX 77070 – (281) 469-6286 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. These agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Houston that can give you price quote information.
- Tammy Pham – State Farm Insurance Agent
13618 Bellaire Blvd, Ste E5 – Houston, TX 77083 – (281) 498-6800 – View Map
- State Farm: Jack Wallace
3405 Mercer St – Houston, TX 77027 – (713) 626-7500 – View Map
- State Farm: Ken Quach
6489 Wilcrest Dr – Houston, TX 77072 – (281) 498-1010 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Before buying a policy in Houston, get answers to these questions.
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
The insurance bait and switch
Texas drivers can’t escape the ads that claim the lowest prices from the likes of Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. They all seem to convey the message that you’ll save big just by moving to them.
How is it plausible that every one can claim to save you money? This is the trick they use.
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that earns them the most money. An example of a profitable risk profile might have to be a female over age 40, has a clean driving record, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. A customer that fits those parameters will probably get the lowest rates and most likely will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who may not quite match those criteria will have to pay more expensive rates with the end result being the prospect going elsewhere. The ads state “drivers who switch” not “everyone who quotes” save money. That’s the way insurance companies can lure you into getting a quote.
Because of the profiling, drivers must do a rate comparison at every renewal. It’s not possible to predict the company that will be your best fit.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims and even questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right auto insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on Porsche Boxster insurance in Houston. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Porsche Boxster rate quotes. Consumers may even find the best car insurance rates are with a small mutual company.
More information is located at these links:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Who Has Affordable Houston Auto Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Houston? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)