Do you want to save money by buying cheaper Land Rover LR2 insurance in Houston? Did a good deal turn out to be an overpriced car insurance policy? You’re in good company because many Houston drivers feel the same as you.
Sad but true, most car insurance buyers in Texas have remained with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save themselves about 47% a year, but they just don’t want to find affordable rates by getting comparison quotes.
Online insurance companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate continually hit you with fancy advertisements and it can be hard to ignore the promise of big savings and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Find Land Rover LR2 Insurance More Affordably
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices.
Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates. If your Land Rover LR2 scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
Increase coverage deductibles to save – Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. A few examples of covered claims would be running into the backend of another car, vandalism, and windstorm damage. The deductibles you choose state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
Improve your credit rating – Your credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining premium rates. Drivers with excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit scores. Therefore, if your credit history could use some work, you may save money insuring your Land Rover LR2 if you improve your credit rating.
Small coverages can add up – Policies have extra coverages that you can buy but may not be useful. Things like replacement cost coverage, accident forgiveness, and membership fees may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea at first, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
Performance influences insurance prices – The performance level of the car you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in the rate you pay. Since the Land Rover LR2 falls in the standard SUV class, insurance will be slightly more than the average rate where you live in Houston. Low performance passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Insurance loss data for Land Rover LR2 vehicles – Insurance companies use past insurance losses when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have a higher premium rate. The table below outlines the insurance loss data for Land Rover LR2 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Values that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
Land Rover LR2 Insurance Claim Statistics
|Vehicle Make and Model
|Land Rover LR2 4dr 4WD
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Shop Land Rover LR2 insurance online
Most major insurance companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm provide prices directly from their websites. Getting online quotes for Land Rover LR2 insurance in Houston is fairly simple as all you need to do is type in the amount of coverage you want on the page. Once you submit the form, the quote system makes automated requests for your driving record and credit report and generates pricing information based on the data you entered. Getting online quotes for Land Rover LR2 insurance in Houston simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s very important to perform this step if you want to find the lowest possible payments on insurance.
In order to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, check out the insurance providers below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you copy the insurance coverages just like they are on your policy. Doing this assures you will be getting a rate comparison based on identical coverages.
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in Houston, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|LR2 HSE Luxury
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Table data represents single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can impact rates substantially.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Land Rover LR2 yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Texas. The costs are based on no violations or accidents, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no exact rule to delete physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Land Rover LR2 claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying over $600 annually for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage.
Car insurance in Texas serves several purposes
Even though it can be expensive, car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Land Rover LR2, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Land Rover at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America overpays as much as $865 each year so compare rate quotes every year to save money.
Get discounts on Houston insurance
Car insurance companies don’t list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains some of the more common and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers that enable their company to look at driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
We need to note that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any amount of discount will cut your policy cost.
Popular insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, and anti-theft.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including daytime running lights, membership and employees, military active duty, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include new vehicle discount, newly married, newly retired, teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, multi-policy, and exclusive group savings.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for bundle, defensive driver, driver training, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, good student, and air bag.
- MetLife has savings for claim-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, good driver, good student, and accident-free.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not apply everywhere.
Exclusive and independent auto insurance agents
Many drivers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is you can get cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Houston that give free quotes to get your business. You don’t have to drive around as quotes are delivered directly to your email. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Houston should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Houston?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Which family members are covered?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Houston?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agencies can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. They are trained well in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following are exclusive agencies in Houston that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part. When comparing rates, we recommend you include price quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Below are independent agencies in Houston who can help you get rate quotes.
Quote. Compare. Save.
When you buy Houston auto insurance online, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, someone dropped physical damage coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to save on Land Rover LR2 insurance in Houston. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding affordable Houston auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from the smaller companies. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles:
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Houston Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a GMC Sierra in Houston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in Houston? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)