Want to learn how to save money and find cheaper Cadillac ATS insurance in Houston? Did you come to the realization that you have overpriced Cadillac ATS insurance in Houston? You’re preaching to the choir because there are a lot of people in Houston just like you who feel imprisoned by their insurance policy.
Unimaginable but true, the majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Most drivers in the U.S. can cut their rates by up to $859 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t believe the actual amount they would save if they just switched companies. You have multiple car insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, having more car insurance companies makes it harder to find the best rates for Cadillac ATS insurance in Houston.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Houston can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you have insurance now or just want to reduce your rates, use these cost-cutting techniques to get lower rates and still get good coverage. Smart buyers just have to use the proper methods to get comparison rates from many different companies.
Finding a better price on car insurance doesn’t have to be difficult. The only thing you need to do is take the time to compare rates from some recommended companies.
It’s so fast and easy to compare rate quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to drive around to local Houston insurance agencies. The ability to get quotes online eliminates this option unless your situation requires the advice and guidance that only an agent can give. However, consumers can comparison shop your insurance online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insurance can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some of these discounts will be visible when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- Own a Home and Save – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Professional Memberships – Being in certain professional organizations could trigger savings on your next insurance statement.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your insurance provider.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Renewal Discounts – Select larger companies give a discount for switching companies before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
Some of the larger companies that may offer these discounts possibly include:
When quoting, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts may not be available in Houston. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that offer many of these discounts in Texas, follow this link.
What if I want to buy from local Houston insurance agents?
Some consumers just want to sit down and talk to an agent. Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is you can get the best rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is sent to participating agents in Houston who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Houston?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
What type of Houston auto insurance agent is right for you?
When searching for local Houston agents, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance policy providers are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can do a good job, but it’s worth learning how they differ because it can influence buying decisions.
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. These agents are highly trained on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Houston that can give you rate quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents do not sell for just one brand and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to contact independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Houston that can give you comparison quotes.
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Cadillac ATS Insurance
Many factors are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but other criteria are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility. Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the things that go into determining your premiums. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you better insurance rates.
Deter theft and pay less – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart your car from being stolen.
Accidents increase prices – A bad driving record has a big impact on rates. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to careless drivers. Even one chargeable violation could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have serious violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving might be required by their state to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive.
Do you need those extra coverages? – Insurance policies have a lot of extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed when buying insurance. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing at first, but if you have no use for them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Pay less with a high IIHS safety rating – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Vehicles built for safety protect occupants better and reduced instances of injuries means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums. If the Cadillac ATS earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
Lower stress equals lower premiums – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations like real estate brokers, executives and miners tend to pay higher rates than average in part from high stress levels and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, jobs such as professors, engineers and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
Insure car and home with the same company – Most insurers give discounts to buyers who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you’re getting this discount consumers should still comparison shop to ensure the best deal.
Cadillac ATS historical loss data – Companies factor in historical loss data to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that statistically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have increased rates. The data below shows the actual insurance loss data for Cadillac ATS vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is a value of 100. Numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Cadillac ATS Insurance Claim Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD||121||97||103||107||96||90|
|Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD||127||81||91||92||93||74|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need Cadillac ATS insurance in Texas
Despite the high cost, insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Cadillac ATS with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Cadillac for a much higher rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Cadillac. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $825 a year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheaper car insurance premiums are possible
We covered quite a bit of information on how to find cheaper Cadillac ATS insurance in Houston. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Cadillac ATS insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a small mutual company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Some insurance companies may not have online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agencies. Low-cost Cadillac ATS insurance in Houston is available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection.
Additional information can be found on the following sites:
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Nurses in Houston? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Houston? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)